Skydive as a gift

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Taita, Apr 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Can anyone recommend a decent company to go for a tandem skydive with and where in the country to go?

I have done Basic Freefall at Netheravon for AT and whilst there saw the Black Knights team selling jumps to the public for about £300!

Surely it can't be that much for one jump!

Ideally in the North West, but not a show stopper if needs to be southern. Must also be as high as possible! The jumper is serving in case it makes a difference - any way of wangling one through Netheravon?

Thanks!

2. Contact the British Parachute Association. They will advise you on local regional clubs. Prices will vary as some of the 'Tandem' packages come with a video cameraman attached and you are paying for his/her time and efforts as well. If you want the full monty to show the family afterwards then it's going to be rate A, if it's the experience of an aerial descent without the trimmings then it's rate B.

3. Let's just think about this shall we!! Seriously? Favours? Are you a) Blind, b)a bit thick or c) really into fat birds because I tend to find offers of favours being met with a loud shriek, invoulntary urination and a cloud of shit scented dust as the offeree runs screaming for his mummy!

4. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Black Knights Parachute Centre is about 20 mins from Lancaster, close to Jct. 33 on the M6.

Really friendly DZ and will be £225 for the tandem. Give me a PM if you're gonna be heading there and I'll try and sort something out with them.

5. Excellent thanks.

Thanks for the responses, I'll take a look :)