Sky TV - Sattelite Direct

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Taffnp, Jun 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone recently recieved a phone call from Sky saying that these have ceased trading ?

Have googled them but all old stuff and they seem a bit shady

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

My mate downstairs from me did,they told him his repair protection plan was due to be renewed & he set it up.
    When he got his bank statement 2x payment had been taken for the plan,both from different companies,the old & the new.
    I'd call Sky & check.

3. Just googled them - they are a shady bunch. Also trading as Multivision and playTV

They have been taken to court by sky for phoning people and pretending to be sky employees. Also been on watchdog. Seems they have a habit of taking ten times the amount of monthly direct debit and not giving a refund.

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Be very careful about things like this
    There has been a bit in the news round here about people ringing up pretending to be from BT and other companies
    They tell you a story about part of the business is changing and you need a new account and did you want to save time changing it now since we've rung etc
    You give them your bank details and presto hey your money disapeers

5. Change to Setanta, nows the time lol

6. If it's a direct debit, can you not get your cash back off the bank? I keep reading about the 'Direct Debit Guarantee' every time some shyster like TV licensing wants my bank details.