Sky TV in Germany

Has anyone here got the German version of Sky TV? Does it compare at all to the British version?

The long-haired Oberst isn't keen on English language TV, so I'm thinking about the German version...

Mr Happy

LE
I had brit shy, 80cm dish and youre good to go. I had kraut telly, Premier IIRC. It was crap, hardly watched it and a waste of money, the "many channels in english" mostly meant CNN and one or two others, admittedly I think I only had the basic package but the cost of the additional was too much for me to justify.

Sky Freeview the way forwards.

Most of the programmes on German Sky are available in either English or German, with subtitles in either language as well (I believe). This certainly applies to the film channels.

I have just got a Freesat box. When setting it up I found more German channels than you could shake a stick at! £60 for the dish, £100 for the tuner and no monthly bills. Massively tempted to give the dish a wiggle to get the German channels back to check out the ermm interesting nature programs......

No idea of the quality of the content, my German was never much good.

There are 3rd party companies who can act as a reseller of British Sky TV to you in Germany. It's not strictly allowed as I came to understand, but you can get it.

Forks said:
There are 3rd party companies who can act as a reseller of British Sky TV to you in Germany. It's not strictly allowed as I came to understand, but you can get it.
Hi Forks, I think he is after German TV in UK, not the other way around?

Ah, I see. I didn't read the first post fully. I just assumed that since Sky TV is a brand name (I think) for the British company, that was what he wanted.

German TV is all stolen from the US and dubbed anyway.

I came over from Germany with an 80cm dish and a German Freeview box a couple of years ago. I still pay for Sky, but I get hundreds of free-to-air German channels to keep the boxhead happy. Ask someone in Germany to send a box to you.

Latest Threads