Sky Q UHD Error 011 - Latest Tech, no obvious reason.

As you'd expect I've been searching in vain for an answer that works - giving it a try here as no one else seems to have an answer.

Brand new LG C1 telly, out of the box yesterday - everything works great.

Few months old Denon AVR-X2700h - everything works great.

Realise that the old Sky Q box wouldn't be UHD, order new Sky Box, pay for the pleasure, it comes today. Won't set the UHD resolution in any configuration saying the TV HDMI Port doesn't support HDCP 2.2 (when it obviously does).

HDMI Deep Colour set to 4K
Using cable that came with the new Sky Q
Sky Q updated to latest software 170xxx

Tried through the AVR which has 4K/8K passthrough/HDCP 2.2 so should be fine - nada.

Tried every different HDMI port on the telly (except PORT 2, that's the eARC port and would be pointless if it was the only that worked...) - nada

Tried every variation of turning stuff on&off; turn the Sky Q on first , AVR next, TV next, then the TV first, Sky Q next etc... Unplugged everything for a minute, try everything again in every variation - nada

Have I got a duff box or just missing some random scenario that no one has come across on the internet so far?

Thanks in advance, wife is moaning at me for spending the upgrade money, I want it to at least work before we sack Sky off at the end of the contract anyway. So much hassle - it's always the weak link.

As you'd expect I've been searching in vain for an answer that works - giving it a try here as no one else seems to have an answer.

Realise that the old Sky Q box wouldn't be UHD, order new Sky Box, pay for the pleasure, it comes today. Won't set the UHD resolution in any configuration saying the TV HDMI Port doesn't support HDCP 2.2 (when it obviously does).

Tried through the AVR which has 4K/8K passthrough/HDCP 2.2 so should be fine - nada.

Tried every different HDMI port on the telly (except PORT 2, that's the eARC port and would be pointless if it was the only that worked...) - nada

Tried every variation of turning stuff on&off; turn the Sky Q on first , AVR next, TV next, then the TV first, Sky Q next etc... Unplugged everything for a minute, try everything again in every variation - nada

Have I got a duff box or just missing some random scenario that no one has come across on the internet so far?

Thanks in advance, wife is moaning at me for spending the upgrade money, I want it to at least work before we sack Sky off at the end of the contract anyway. So much hassle - it's always the weak link.
Contact Sky and ask for their support team, that's what I would do, they will be famililar with the hardware cross compatibility.

I got a NAS bay costing 500 quid the other day and after contacting QNAP they confirmed straight away it wouldn't support hardware transcoding past 1080 and made me aware MORE ram purchased will resolve the streaming/pause issues in adding subtitles in plex.

Always hear it from the horse as obviously a customer is a customer and no reason for them not to listen

I too upgraded my Sky Q box for the latest with HDR and 4 x Sky Mini-Boxes hanging off it. Running it through a Sony Bravia TV and a Pioneer Amp and all worked perfectly first time.

I've never seen your fault, sorry old chap.

hdcp can be reliant on the cables, try different cables, (even try reversing the hdmi cable, I know it shouldn't make a difference).
Try with a cable proved working on a different setup (borrow a friends..)
edit try a pc / laptop, try this on a different tv.

Do we need my technical assessment? Or should I sit this one out?

hdcp can be reliant on the cables, try different cables, (even try reversing the hdmi cable, I know it shouldn't make a difference).
Try with a cable proved working on a different setup (borrow a friends..)
edit try a pc / laptop, try this on a different tv.

Good point, maybe he's on an old HDMI 1.3 cable?

I'm on HDMI 2.0, I believe 2.1 is the latest standard.

Nah, cables brand spanking, Sky supplied.

My enquiries elsewhere seem to suggest a LG firmware issue on the HDMI ports. My post on the Sky support forum had a load of people with exactly the same issue all with brand new (less than a week old) tellys, i.e. batch issue.

Now trying to work out if it can be sorted remotely or is a warranty swap out solution.

Thanks for your help/comments guys.

Latest Threads