Sky & Premier League Set To Lose Shedloads

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Feb 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Good...robbing bastards that they are.
    I blame them for the way ticket prices went through the roof, the season before the Premiership started I paid around £10 to get into Spurs to watch the Everton game, I went to the Emirates on Tuesday and paid £34. I know....more fool me but in Lisbon for the Benfica game (who are no small team) I paid 19 Euros.
    Sky and the Premiership are to blame for this. If I don't go the game for some reason I can easily find it on a foreign internet link which is the same as what the pubs are doing.

3. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

4. I always end up on an Iraqi channel which seems weird.

5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I think that the major concern (for Sky and the Premiership) is that they won't be able to dominate the pub market.

6. And about flippin time too, good on the woman as IIRC the market is mostly SKY & ESPN owned at the moment,

Sky is investing heavily in 3D which is widely reported however they have too much of a monopoly the robbing gits, at least dick turpin wore a mask

However i've been using myp2p.eu for a while anyway....

7. A picture of the landlady in The News Portsmouth newspaper. ..... and yes I would.

8. I'm glad she won too, bloody murdoch trying to control all that's watched & read.

9. If this leads to a reduction in the wages of Premier League footballers, I will be happy. This is not a green eyed monster thing by the way - the current situation results in journeymen British and foreign footballers earning obscene amounts of money just for being in the first team squad. Stephen Ireland anyone?
    When the Gray/Keys story hit the fan, I remember reading somewhere that Sky Sports subscriptions subsidise the rest of the Sky Empire, resulting in the likes of Gray ending up on the ridiculous salary of £1.7M a year!
    I shall not be holding my breath, however. Sky will not roll over on this.

10. None of the coverage that I've seen of this recommendation mentions that it's cheaper than SKY direct, but is SKY's own pictures. While you might (might !) get English commentary, there is no pre-match or half-time anaylsis/speculation. Apart from a couple of re-runs of the goal from varying angles (only right after the goal), there are no follow-ups on contentious decisions. Nor have you got the rest of SKY programming.

Nor, I believe, is every live match available - sometimes I've seen 4 or 5 tracked down, usually 2 or 3.

So - it may suit some Pubs (such as my watering hole) with an audience pretty much of regulars, but it wouldn't e up for most SKY subscribers