Sky news

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by diane_41, Apr 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Court martial proceedings against Territorial Army private Stuart MacKenzie, who was charged in connection with faked photographs of prisoner abuse in Iraq, have been discontinued.

More follows
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I don't suppose anyone has the blokes address, by any chance? If so, please post (anonymously) so we can all arrange to go around and "congratulate" him on another example of our Famous English Justice System in action...
  3. Bearing in mind how quickly the Mods took down ChrisJohn316' address even when he linked to it from is own posts (!) I think you might have some fun getting that one through...
  4. Sky news web article is here. To summarise, the court seems to have decided that the case fell outside "military jurisdiction".

Classic quote from Piers Moron though: "He has walked completely free. A year on and noone has proved these pictures were fake". So aside from the lorry never having been in Iraq and doubts over the uniforms in the pics, that's all right then.....

Edit: With any luck, the judgement will make tomorrow's legal reports. It'll be interesting to see how the court came to the conclusion it did.
  5. Look on the bright side, Moron is out of that job and we can always send MacKenzie back to the sandpit to face the consequences of his prank. Anyone seen the Harry Blackers? :twisted:
  6. Have you any idea about authors of forged photos in Mirror? And why the case was halted? I have one idea. Let's compare.
  7. Can he not be nicked under civvie law for causing affray or something??