Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Sky news - The Football Lads Alliance

Saw this on Sky news this morning.

UKIP leader Gerard Batten criticised by Nigel Farage for endorsing anti-Muslim rally

The usual collection of loud mouth, pissed up, shaven headed, mouth breathing mongs - the sort of people I would usually avoid like the plague.

However, I was pondering on the report while cycling to work and it occured to me that while everyone in the UK has the right to free speech etc it seems to apply to some sections of society more than others.

Muslim imams have been allowed to promote anti-western ideology for years
Left wing groups can pretty much say what they like, particularly if they play the racist/fascist card
The authorities and media will turn a blind eye to certain sapects of a problem or criminality if the participants are from certain ethnic groups
Small minorities (LGBT etc) are being promoted far out of proprtion to their numbers.

However, judging by how quickly the authorities and media will jump on any percieved dissent from "Far Right", usually citing the racist/right wing cards, it seems that the only group who do not have a say is the white working class. The way in which Sky presented the report was deliberately provocative and aimed at showing the protestors in the worst possible light, although admittedly some of the mongs on display did themselves no favours with their behavour and drunken abuse.

Consdering the rise of the far right in Europe, which has attracted many otherwise ordinary people who are simply fed up with being told they are wrong/racist/we know better/do as you are told etc, I'm wondering what the chances of something similar happening in the UK.

Fair is a hair colour, short answer, don't follow the XRW or XLW then you won't be part of a persecuted minority that are rounded-up in concentration camps and murdered......oh, wait, that's what both XRW and XLW did, **** them and their fanbois

Ever since the march’s in America where the Country went mad when a Nazi flag was being held by one of the protestors I’ve been very sceptical of the way the far right are shown by the media. In the march in America the bloke holding the Nazi flag looked as if he’d just unfolded it quickly and jumped in the line for a photo opportunity to bring down the movement, call it a false flag if you want (please put on tin foil hat).

If you are Antifa or the establishment, all you’d need to do is get a few people dressed up in Stone Island gear, cover their faces, carry a St Georges flag and do a few Zieg Heils in front of the TV cameras and you bring down their movement. But all they’re doing is ignoring or subsiding the people’s points of view therefore fanning the flames even more.

With regards to the grooming gangs with which the FLA are marching about, the police and the government know exactly what the problem is but will continue to believe that 2 + 2 = 5 for fear of being labelled a racist. And it’s took a Muslim in Saj Javid to actually come out and say that there is a problem amongst a religious group and he will deal with it.

Any far left or far right movement will attract the extremes from either side, but after watching a few videos of the FLA they seem to make sure they all behave on the marches, however I can’t see the powers that be having that as it will attract more members to the group and they won’t want that.

I noticed that the Sky reporter reminded viewers that the FLA were protesting the grooming and mass rape of white kids by men of Pakistani origin.
That there is progress from "Asian grooming gangs", so presumably the FLA and their Ilk have actually done some good?

I noticed that the Sky reporter reminded viewers that the FLA were protesting the grooming and mass rape of white kids by men of Pakistani origin.
That there is progress from "Asian grooming gangs", so presumably the FLA and their Ilk have actually done some good?

More to do with Sajid Javid, I suspect - when the Home Secretary says there is a "problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls" (letter to Sarah Champion), the press feel a little more able to avoid euphemism lest they be accused of racism by the usual suspects. I daresay that someone from a different background to Javid - Sarah Champion, for instance - had said the same thing, the cries of 'racism!' would've been significant.

This crap is why I don't watch the news anymore and have long accepted that as a white hetero bloke I seem to be in the demographic that is allowed to be vilified by everyone else, I just don't care about all this anymore. Too busy spending my remaining heartbeats on important stuff. Last week I had three "Diversity" courses and sat through the first two of them like Homer Simpson with the clapping monkey with the cymbals in the thought balloon above his head. The third one was full on "As a white man you are, should know, need to be aware of etc etc" interspersed with "Diversity" and "inclusive" as many time as they could get it them in a sentence as the, and I use the title loosely, Instructor was using. Halfway through when asked to raise a point for discussion I pointed out that having sat through these courses four or five times over the years not one of the "Instructors" ever was a white man, and that this didn't properly reflect today's society, I then suggested that the company was perhaps "Whiteyphobic" (Trademark pending), much spluttering resulted, she actually used the word "outraged" and I was asked to leave. Bonus.

As I went out the door I also suggested that calling someone white when they are really a sort of watery beige and who goes blue in the cold, green when they are ill and red and brown in the sun was a) utterly incorrect and b) a bit "Colourist" .. the look on her slack jawed arrogant coupon was priceless. Much fun.

My point is this, there wont be a reaction by large numbers of us whitey types here in the UK, most of us don't care what other groups think, outside of the minority of pan headed dribblers you see at some rallies, and just leave the outraged shoutyness to others. Life is much better if you just laugh at the drivel spouted by the news and the self righteous. And less stressful by half.

This crap is why I don't watch the news anymore and have long accepted that as a white hetero bloke I seem to be in the demographic that is allowed to be vilified by everyone else, I just don't care about all this anymore. Too busy spending my remaining heartbeats on important stuff. Last week I had three "Diversity" courses and sat through the first two of them like Homer Simpson with the clapping monkey with the cymbals in the thought balloon above his head. The third one was full on "As a white man you are, should know, need to be aware of etc etc" interspersed with "Diversity" and "inclusive" as many time as they could get it them in a sentence as the, and I use the title loosely, Instructor was using. Halfway through when asked to raise a point for discussion I pointed out that having sat through these courses four or five times over the years not one of the "Instructors" ever was a white man, and that this didn't properly reflect today's society, I then suggested that the company was perhaps "Whiteyphobic" (Trademark pending), much spluttering resulted, she actually used the word "outraged" and I was asked to leave. Bonus.

As I went out the door I also suggested that calling someone white when they are really a sort of watery beige and who goes blue in the cold, green when they are ill and red and brown in the sun was a) utterly incorrect and b) a bit "Colourist" .. the look on her slack jawed arrogant coupon was priceless. Much fun.

My point is this, there wont be a reaction by large numbers of us whitey types here in the UK, most of us don't care what other groups think, outside of the minority of pan headed dribblers you see at some rallies, and just leave the outraged shoutyness to others. Life is much better if you just laugh at the drivel spouted by the news and the self righteous. And less stressful by half.
A one-time colleague of mine, whilst working in the public sector, was put in a room for diversity training with the rest of his team. The (black, female) "instructor" informed them that she was there to provide training to avoid racism and discrimination in the workplace then said, "My! We have a lot of WASPs here today," thereby proving herself a hyprocrite.

However, at this point one of the team stood up and headed for the door. When asked where he was going he said in a thick Glaswegian accent, "I'm leaving. I might be white but I am neither Anglo-Saxon or a protestant!" The "instructor" by all accounts wore a similar expression to that which you describe. I imagine she wore it again when she was told that there had been a complaint of racism made against her (the aforementioned sweaty sock having put one in as retaliation for being called in for an interview without coffee and to head off the threatened disciplinary for walking out of the "mandatory training").

FLA?
Another bunch of racist knuckledraggers moaning about people abusing the kids they feel are rightfully theirs to abuse.

On one side the perceived oppressors - on the other the oppressed enduring an eternity of injustice.
Oppressors and their characteristics: White, Christian , Heterosexual , Family unit
Oppressed: Everyone else.

As someone living abroad (hence missing a lot of UK news), and not reading the thread title too attentively, at first glance it seemed that FLA probably stood for Feckwit Liberation Army. Good luck over there.

It would help if the great and good had a grip on the threats we face from mass third world illegal immigration. Until they do, expect decent people to hold their nose and normalise the knuckledraggers who on pretty much only that issue are right.

OP. A great post. However, let's see how long it takes before this thread also descends into a slagfest.

Considering the wide range of experience amongst the arrserati I was hoping to get some reasonable debate on this. Personally, while I would avoid the knuckle draggers like the plague (both Left and Right varieties I might add) I have some sympathy with those on the right of the political spectrum considering the way the media hound them while ignoring or promoting other groups with equally divisive or otherwise socially pointless agendas.

Also, as a white, middle aged, married, tax-paying property owning bloke with savings in the bank and with both mixed race and gay friends, I am thoroughly p*ssed off with being constantly informed that my demographic, and by inference myself, is racist, sexist, homophobic, anti this and anti that.

However, it appears that while I have no voice in this country (other than the somewhat devalued vote during elections) I am expected to pay for all this diversity and enrichment while not benefitting from any of it.

IMHO a person's race or religion etc should not matter, however my experience of 60 years on this planet has taught me that anyone can be a c**t, no matter what their race, creed or sexuality. Unfortunately at the moment the c**ts seem to be making the running and doing all the shouting while the decent people of all types simply keep their heads down and try to get by.

But you are right, this thread will probably be scribbled on by the usual suspects before too long...

Last edited: