Sky news reporter just hit the nail on the head

just watching sky new, the reporter was doing a bit on the leaked memo by Sir Richard Dannatt, and at the end he said the Gordon Brown as the ex finance chief has now got to make a choice, spend more or do less.......

Regards

Duncan

Dunc0936 said:
just watching sky new, the reporter was doing a bit on the leaked memo by Sir Richard Dannatt, and at the end he said the Gordon Brown as the ex finance chief has now got to make a choice, spend more or do less.......

Regards

Duncan
being an old synic - my money will be on the later option!

I doubt it. As IC Dosh, he could pull tight the purse strings, say it was his job and let others take the fall when policy failed as a result of underfunding. Now, he's in the spotlight he's got no bullet-catcher to take the wrap for him.

Old habits die hard, and after 10 years of saying no, I doubt he's going to transform overnight into a spendthrift. That won't stop him demanding results from all and sundry. Politicians are like three year olds: they don't care about what something actually costs, they just wannawannawannanow!

No its spend less and get some other poor bugger to do more.

If a Sky News reporter has just hit the nail on the head, he ought to be worried about his job. My advice to him is to keep a low profile for the next few weeks......

nigegilb said:
If a Sky News reporter has just hit the nail on the head, he ought to be worried about his job. My advice to him is to keep a low profile for the next few weeks......
I for one, am glad that he said the right thing and not just the 'politically correct' thing.

I am so sick of papering over the cracks when it comes to inspections etc - why cant we simply just fix the fukcing problem - its a no-brainer!

smartascarrots said:
I doubt it. As IC Dosh, he could pull tight the purse strings, say it was his job and let others take the fall when policy failed as a result of underfunding. Now, he's in the spotlight he's got no bullet-catcher to take the wrap for him.

Old habits die hard, and after 10 years of saying no, I doubt he's going to transform overnight into a spendthrift. That won't stop him demanding results from all and sundry. Politicians are like three year olds: they don't care about what something actually costs, they just wannawannawannanow!
Rather unfair to three year olds; I know they can be annoying little b@stards, but at least they will only make a mess of, say, your living room - not the whole fcuking country!

To the best of my Knowledge El Gordo's Father ( Yes he had one) was a strict 'Presbiterian' minister.
He thoughts on the suffering of the African people affect young Gordo and the boy never grew out of it.
Give him a chance and he'll blow the lot on hus pet dreams and TOM poor TOM can just go whisle dixcy.
john