Sky news reporter just hit the nail on the head

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dunc0936, Jul 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just watching sky new, the reporter was doing a bit on the leaked memo by Sir Richard Dannatt, and at the end he said the Gordon Brown as the ex finance chief has now got to make a choice, spend more or do less.......

Regards

Duncan

2. being an old synic - my money will be on the later option!

3. I doubt it. As IC Dosh, he could pull tight the purse strings, say it was his job and let others take the fall when policy failed as a result of underfunding. Now, he's in the spotlight he's got no bullet-catcher to take the wrap for him.

Old habits die hard, and after 10 years of saying no, I doubt he's going to transform overnight into a spendthrift. That won't stop him demanding results from all and sundry. Politicians are like three year olds: they don't care about what something actually costs, they just wannawannawannanow!

4. or is he going for option 3... spend less, do more :x

5. No its spend less and get some other poor bugger to do more.

6. If a Sky News reporter has just hit the nail on the head, he ought to be worried about his job. My advice to him is to keep a low profile for the next few weeks......

7. I for one, am glad that he said the right thing and not just the 'politically correct' thing.

I am so sick of papering over the cracks when it comes to inspections etc - why cant we simply just fix the fukcing problem - its a no-brainer!

8. Rather unfair to three year olds; I know they can be annoying little b@stards, but at least they will only make a mess of, say, your living room - not the whole fcuking country!

9. To the best of my Knowledge El Gordo's Father ( Yes he had one) was a strict 'Presbiterian' minister.
    He thoughts on the suffering of the African people affect young Gordo and the boy never grew out of it.
    Give him a chance and he'll blow the lot on hus pet dreams and TOM poor TOM can just go whisle dixcy.
    john