Sky News, Pathfinders with new helmets?

Mr Happy

LE
Watching Sky News now (07.17 BST) I see the Pathfinders are giving the Taliban the good news with the L/R WMIK replacement who's name escapes me at the moment. But I also note that the crew on the wagon have different helmets to the Mk6 or Para Bone Dome equivelent.

Whats the story there then? Trial or vehicle specific?

I also noticed at least two weapons jamming... :-(

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Not sure what the helmet is called, but it's part of a raft of new kit brought in under the UOR.

The thermal sights, helmets, Supacat and wotnot are part of it.

Mr Happy

LE
The helmet, in the clips, looked like two types, a very American looking Fritz style and a very open (exposed ear?) type.

Supacat looks good, positively delivering menace to the battlefield.

Lots of nice sillouette (sp) shots in the report too.

Mr Happy said:
Watching Sky News now (07.17 BST) I see the Pathfinders are giving the Taliban the good news with the L/R WMIK replacement who's name escapes me at the moment. But I also note that the crew on the wagon have different helmets to the Mk6 or Para Bone Dome equivelent.

Whats the story there then? Trial or vehicle specific?

I also noticed at least two weapons jamming... :-(
It is back on Sky news

Mr Happy

LE
Perturbed said:
It is back on Sky news
Yeah, its Sky. They'll be running that report for 24 hours or so...

What really winds me up is when CNN does it's market report for Friday still on a Sunday... Like... Dude.. The market has been shut all weekend because people don't go to work. The only markets you could report live from are in the middle east and they don't do sheet without america being open..