SKY NEWS - Guardian columnist calls for £40 Bil increase

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Jul 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. SKY NEWS - Jeff Randell interviewing Guardian Economics columnist Larry Elliot

Bloody hell! The Guardianistas calling for doubling of Defence Budget! Pigs just flew…
  2. Pain in chest...left arm going numb... 8O
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The Guardian has been one of, if not the, most onside newspapers Army-wise for quite some considerable time.

Their coverage of both Iraq and Afghanistan has been superb.
  4. Richard Norton Taylor is their Defence guy, he is well worth a read.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, if even the gwardianistas are saying it . . . perhaps

you should wake up and smell the coffee you intellectually and morally crippled freak, Mr Brown!
  6. I'm not a Guardianista by any stretch, but Elliot is one of the voices you should be listening to regarding the economic situation. About the best financial journalist (with information accessible to the masses), outside the FT, that there is in the UK.
  7. Minty McGinty has always been suportive and she writes for The Guardian - so why the surprise?
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Oh, I'm not surprised as such, the loud bit was for Broon to read, or any of his apparatchics that read ARRSE for him, or for that matter, the Grauniad.
  9. Elliot made a very good point last night.

Liebour pulled back from East of Suez in 1966 saying we couldn't afford to spend the 6.5% of GDP we were then spending on Defence. The resulting savings were then plowed into bailing Britain out of the economic black hole Wilson had dug us into…

Moving smartly on 30 years and B'Liar promptly starts redeploying us East of Suez but under Liebour the Defence budget has now shrunk to 2.3% of GDP and will shrink again next year and the savings are once more being used to try and bail Britain out of a Liebour created economic black hole.

10. "………Evidence to the Commons Defence Committee from Rear Admiral Tony Johnstone-Burt , Commander of Britain's Joint Helicopter Command, shows that up to 20 per cent of British military helicopter capacity is used for "political" purposes, transporting Afghan leaders and visiting dignitories around the country.……"

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  11. What Biped said with whistles and bells.

Jeez if Guderian are saying defence spending must be increased i'm off to find some timber and build that Ark.
  12. Simple solution, shove them all in Snatches... if they're safe enough for us, they're safe enough for the bottom feeders.
  13. Ashie will be along in a minute saying it was the Tories and it is all lies

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I doubt it. Ashie and the rest of them haven't been saying much for a while now. Don't blame them really, it can't be much fun trying to defend the views and actions of Brown and his cronies.