Sky News Broadcasts German Army Scandal

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by im_a_mong_cpl, Apr 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky News report on the scandal of a German Army Instructor telling one of his recruits to imagine an African American while firing his Machine Gun:

No, apparently they got into a little bother between 1914-1918 and 1939-1945.

2. I saw it on RTL over the weekend. It wasn't too drastic in my opinion, just a rather 'over enthusiastic' young instructor who could do with a rap on the knuckles.

As usual, everything is blown out of proportion just in case anyone thinks that they are still Nazis.

3. More considered opinion from the Arrse collective here;

Clicky

4. Totally agree with the general concecus that there's some serious over-reaction going on. My point is more the utter stupidity of Sky News. Living in BF(G) i have the privilege (!) of receiving Sky News on BFBS. So why do i find myself staying awake until after midnight so i can watch BBC News 24.

5. On current form, BBC News is little better than the offering from Sky - aimed at the lowest common denominator - hence the furore on various forums regarding the reporting of the loss of two Puma this morning, which the BBC originally attributed to US military aircraft.

6. A little better but still better. The initial reporting came from theatre, but that's besides the point. News is being dummed down by all Broadcasters.

Sky News summed it all up the other day when they were reporting on the upturned boat North of the Shetlands. Kay Burley (or whatever she's called) stated the "dramatic scenes of the upturned boat" we were viewing in the pictures being shown from night before. Two combat indicators that we weren't viewing fottage of the evening before: firstly the boat isn't upturned, secondly the date at the top said '30/11/06'!

Sky News = Pish