Sky news article written in squaddie speak.....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RobinHood, Nov 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So off his t!ts he failed to clock the other threads on the subject!

2. He questioned the absence of ministers at repatriation ceremonies and said Prime Minister Gordon Brown's call to Simon Cowell after Britain's Got Talent star Susan Boyle had a breakdown was a "slap in the face" for the parents of hundreds of soldiers killed serving their country.

true!

3. Is that a fact? and just who wants a bunch of lying bastards at a re-pat?

4. I tend to agree with your sentiment but if he had to turn up for all the repatriations then it might just make him a bit more inclined to try to prevent some of the deaths. It would also give the relatives the chance to show him what they think of him.

5. That is most likely the real reason that none of the cowardly politicians are there. Too frightened of meeting the relatives face to face.

6. We will all have that opportunity in May/June next year.

7. [/quote]
    It would also give the relatives the chance to show him what they think of him.[/quote]

While it would be good for some of them to have the balls to turn up and show some respect, if the grieving relatives happened to throw a track and have a rant at them, it would cheapen the moment and they would feel even worse.

8. It would also give the relatives the chance to show him what they think of him.[/quote]

While it would be good for some of them to have the balls to turn up and show some respect, if the grieving relatives happened to throw a track and have a rant at them, it would cheapen the moment and they would feel even worse.[/quote]

now that is squaddie speak ...........

9. you just made me spill me beer over the puter.. you barstool :D