Sky news and sponsored Arrse ads

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BarryBuddon, Apr 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone find the following text from a sponsored advert a bit out of order:

I have noticed its on the bottom of a few threads at the moment.

Sensationalist *******, can the mods do anything to change this?

Why not:

Edit: I know that Arrse needs revenue to exist but come on ffs - what next?
  2. Only sensational news is any good these days, "Sun due to rise in morning shocker" won't cut the mustard.
  3. Yes, but the link just points to the Sky News home page.
  4. Try living in the arctic in winter... :wink:
  5. It wasn't until I clicked on the link why I realised you're pissed off - there is no story about Iraq, and it's just to get people to click on it (just to confirm to others who are as slow as I am...).

It is pretty insensitive - I wonder if it's worthy of a complaint to one of the radvertising egulating bodies?
  6. I don't get to see them, Firefox with adblock kills all the ads.
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I agree I spent a number of minutes searching the Sky website
    Is it tailored especially for this website by using the service men killed in Iraq hook?
    Bit sad if it is and should be changed
  8. i seen this also , the soldiers killed in iraq bit

couldnt find any info of it on any sites

9. Yep, I too wasted ten or so minutes trying to find any gen: Reuters, BBC et al. I'm confused at the best of times but I found that 'news' quite perplexing - and of the nature that could cause upset to those who are worried sick enough about relatives and loved ones without 'Breaking News' that's obviously bollocks.
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The is NOTHING on the Yahoo website at all!
    The only thing I could find was about the mothers loosing the Iraq inquiry about the death of the two lads.

Sky News are a bunch of cnuts!
    Can we complain to Oftel or some other body?I agree that this is wholy unnaceptabe,insensitive & simply news grabbing.
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just done a search of Sky News & this is the results;,,,00.html?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&START=0&NUM=10&CID=30000&search_target=on&QUERY=2+soldiers+killed+Iraq&imageField.x=0&imageField.y=0&imageField=Search

Sky News Search Results

Search for ‘2 soldiers killed Iraq’
    Total results :144
    Search results 1 - 25

Listed in order of date, last items at top.
    Each item has relevance to your search
    (100% being the most relevant)

* Search Tips
    * Advanced Search

1. British Soldier Killed In Iraq Firefight: Ministry Of Defence Confirms

A British soldier killed in Iraq was an SAS trooper fighting in Baghdad, Sky sources understand. The Ministry of Defence have confirmed a soldier died as a result of...

Relevance 69% Last Modified 26/03/08
    2. Iraq: US Death Count Nears 4,000 As Three More Soldiers Killed

The total number of US troops killed in Iraq has risen to almost 4,000 following the deaths of three more soldiers.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 22/03/08
    3. Baghdad, Iraq: Five US Soldiers Killed In Suicide Bomb Attack

Five US soldiers have been killed and three others wounded in a suicide bomb attack in central Baghdad.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 10/03/08
    4. Iraq: Bomb Kills Five US Soldiers In Mosul

Five American soldiers have been killed by a roadside bomb in Mosul, Iraq.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 28/01/08
    5. British Soldier Killed In Iraq Named As Stephen Ferguson

A British soldier who died from injuries he suffered in a road traffic accident in southern Iraq has been named.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 14/12/07
    6. British Soldier Killed In Iraq Road Accident

A British soldier has died as a result of injuries sustained in a road traffic accident in Iraq.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 13/12/07
    7. SAS Soldier Killed In Iraq Mission

A member of the SAS has been killed in what is understood to have been a special forces mission in Iraq.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 07/09/07
    8. British Soldiers Killed In Iraq Are Named

Two British soldiers killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq on Thursday have been named. Lance Sergeant Chris Casey and Lance Corporal Kirk Redpath died in an attack on...

Relevance 69% Last Modified 10/08/07
    9. British Soldiers Killed On Iraq Patrol

Two British soldiers have been killed while on patrol in Iraq - four UK servicemen have now died there in three days.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 09/08/07
    10. British Soldier Killed In Iraq Attack

A British soldier has been killed in Iraq. The victim, from 1 Squadron, RAF Regiment, died in a small arms fire attack in Basra City on Tuesday night.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 08/08/07
    11. Small Arms Fire Kills British Soldier In Iraq

A British soldier has been killed in fighting in southern Iraq.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 07/08/07
    12. MoD: British Soldier Killed In Iraq Explosion

A British soldier has been killed in Iraq, the Ministry of Defence has announced.

Relevance 69% Last Modified 01/08/07

You can see the only thing recenty of relevence was the sad death of a member of 'them' nearly a month ago!
    Are Sky recycling old news?
  12. I have also just spent 10ish minutes trying to find the info about the "breaking news" two KIA.

It really *&^&ing %£$$es me off, and i dont have any family serving in Iraq.

Absolute CNUTS.

13. Just done the same - most annoying.