Sky News adverts on Arrse

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by oldmuso, Apr 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone else p!ssed off with the Sky News adverts on Arrse constantly giving the messsage below:

Sky Breaking News
    2 British soldiers killed in Iraq: Ministry of Defence confirms.

The story link is from March and my heart jumps everytime I see it so god knows what it does to folk with friends out there?
  2. Depends on your location, down here there's an ad for Sky Tower Abu Dhabi and free installation for Sky TV NZ, notwithstanding it would still grip my shit to see promos like that.
  3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

4. Just logged on today and it's the first ad up on Arrse for Sky News again - get it off for please!
  5. Okay - just read the other thread links - BIG complaint sent to Rupert Murdoch , marked PRIVATE - others please follow on - this is so wrong, they are using service casualties to openly promote a reason to sign up to SKY!
  6. I have pm'd GCO pointing to the other thread on this subject. I haven't heard anything back as yet. I'm guessing there is not much that the CO's can do about it other thatn complain to the advertising company.

7. Sky! By Christ! What are 'we' having anything to do with that arch-republican, anti-Monarchist, Australian crook Murdoch? Help!
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Totally agree - vet the ads please.
  9. I went onto the Sky website, and anything do to with the Army has an Ad saying 1 British soldier killed in Iraq. It's very annoying.
  10. There is no point in pm'ing one of the bosses, they dont read em, it even says so in their sig blocks
    Try this
    admin @
    I agree it is terrible to look at that everytime your on arrse.
  11. It's google that runs the ad, seen it a few times on other sites and it always pisses me off. Everytime I read it and forget it's just a twisted ad campaign I miss a beat at the chance it's one of my mates.
  12. You can add sites to your GoogleAds account setup that you wish to be excluded from the results people see.
  13. I have contacted GCO (via email!) and he has done just that. - Thanks GCO - Aparently it will take 24ish hours to take effect.

I have also contacted sky news regarding the issue. I will post any reply on here.

14. Thanks SkiCarver,

I noticed it yesterday, and foolishly clicked on the link thinking it was breaking news. These large companies really don't understand our community do they?
  15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

They never will.At least we look after our own,no matter what service or branch.(even with the slaagin'!)