ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Sky has Axed Fox News

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by headgear, Aug 29, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Hmm. I was OK up to that point. That is up there with 'Trust me', 'Using complex algorithms', 'I wont come in your mouth' and 'the cheque is in the post'.

I hope I have not got you wrong?

2. So tell me where you get your news? No irony intended though your condescension smacks of the Guardian, that paragon of balanced journalism. Is there ANY news outlet that doesn't spew 'infotainment' or present politically biased reporting?
    If you know of one - and you come across as someone who knows everything - share it with us!

3. I take my news from outlets that are actually counted upon to confirm to basic journalistic standards. Which means that 'Fox News' is on my BS list along with The Canary, Skwarkbox, The Independent (a once-proud newspaper that has now become a source of online clickbait), Breitbart, RT and Press TV.

My reading includes The Economist, The Times, The Daily Telegraph (except for the reporting of clowns like Ambrose Evans-Pritchard) and The Wall Street Journal, none of which fall into the leftie category. Unless you happen to be Steve Bannon's lovechild, that is.

And as for Fox itself, it may be news to you to note that it is a subject of derision among US conservatives who didn't swallow the Trump Kool Aid. Its recent efforts to explain why SCROTUS did a deal with the likes of Pelosi on the debt ceiling by screwing over the GOP have been comedy gold.

So there is is. There is actually genuine news reporting out there (insofar as there are journalists covering events that have actually happened, rather than making shit up and bloviating about it). You've just got to look a lot harder than you have.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The standard "can only give one like" disclaimer applies.

5. And... everything that came before the ''But" is bollux and bullsh*t