• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Sky has Axed Fox News

Well, not too surprising. The Donald has cut a swathe through Fox...
  • Megyn Kelly: gone
  • Bill O'Reilly: gone
  • Greta van Susteren: gone
  • Gretchen Carlson: gone
  • Roger Ailes: gone and had his interview (without coffee) with the Reaper
  • John Stossel: retired
  • Andrew "the Judge" Napolitano: sidelined. And his weird hair too!
  • Greg Gutfeld. Not gone but on some stupid daytime shiite. Give me Red Eye or give me something else!
Basically what is left is Shepard Smith and Tucker "Bow-Tie Boy" Carlson. Now, I like Shep as much as the next guy, and I can smell what the Tuck is cooking, but...

...there's no real reason to watch them any more. They've got no steak in their steak and kidney pie. No fish in their fishcake. No meat in their two veg.

So, adieu, Fox News. Don't let the door hit you in the arrse on your way out.

Last edited:
Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Not surprised this has happened, given that there seems to be a broad consensus in this country - irrespective of political affiliation - that the 45th President of the United States is a gaping a***hole. So Sky drops the channel in the UK because very few Britons want to watch this. They prefer Game Of Thrones and The X Factor to virtual fellatio performed on The Donald by misfits like Sean Hannity. Funny that.

As for Fox, its output is derisory, not because it is conservative, but because it is an insult to common sense. This is after all the channel of Geraldo Rivera, the pillock whose stint as a war correspondent during the 2003 Iraq War ended rather abruptly when (whilst embedded with the 101st) he sketched V Corps' movements towards Baghdad in the sand on a live feed.

Although as P. J. O'Rourke noted, if the Iraqis had been monitoring Fox, they would have probably responded to Rivera's security breach and topographical illiteracy by shelling Damascus.

So there it is. We've got enough crap on TV without having to import any, thank you very much.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Not surprised this has happened, given that there seems to be a broad consensus in this country - irrespective of political affiliation - that the 45th President of the United States is a gaping a***hole. So Sky drops the channel in the UK because very few Britons want to watch this. They prefer Game Of Thrones and The X Factor to virtual fellatio performed on The Donald by misfits like Sean Hannity. Funny that.

As for Fox, its output is derisory, not because it is conservative, but because it is an insult to common sense. This is after all the channel of Geraldo Rivera, the pillock whose stint as a war correspondent during the 2003 Iraq War ended rather abruptly when (whilst embedded with the 101st) he sketched V Corps' movements towards Baghdad in the sand on a live feed.

Although as P. J. O'Rourke noted, if the Iraqis had been monitoring Fox, they would have probably responded to Rivera's security breach and topographical illiteracy by shelling Damascus.

So there it is. We've got enough crap on TV without having to import any, thank you very much.

So you're getting your news from only one perspective now? BBC long ago lost its integrity, MSNBC is merely an ultra left wing fake news rant... as is CNN who were recently censured for putting out fake news... I suppose there's always Al Jazeera... or the Guardian's live feed!

So you're getting your news from only one perspective now? BBC long ago lost its integrity, MSNBC is merely an ultra left wing fake news rant... as is CNN who were recently censured for putting out fake news... I suppose there's always Al Jazeera... or the Guardian's live feed!
For many years, CNN has been known as Conjecture Not News.

If I wanted 'only one perspective' I'd be watching Fox.

Many thanks for your example of unintentional irony. I'm much obliged.

I used to watch snippets of Fox News and laugh at the hysteria and ignorance the presenters spouted.

The worst to watch was Judge Jeanie Pirro. She was happy throwing round statements similar to 'Immigrants are here to murder you and take your money.'

I hope she's the next to be axed.

The first mistake is to watch the news.
24-hour news channels have turned the whole idea into reality tv.
Read it. Then read a different report. Then investigate any inconsistencies.
Stay away from commentary, which is journalistic wanking.

As for Fox News, the word "news" has the same meaning regarding that channel as the word "democratic" does regarding all countries that use the word in their official names.

If I wanted 'only one perspective' I'd be watching Fox.

Many thanks for your example of unintentional irony. I'm much obliged.
So tell me where you get your news? No irony intended though your condescension smacks of the Guardian, that paragon of balanced journalism. Is there ANY news outlet that doesn't spew 'infotainment' or present politically biased reporting?
If you know of one - and you come across as someone who knows everything - share it with us!

So tell me where you get your news? No irony intended though your condescension smacks of the Guardian, that paragon of balanced journalism. Is there ANY news outlet that doesn't spew 'infotainment' or present politically biased reporting?
If you know of one - and you come across as someone who knows everything - share it with us!
I take my news from outlets that are actually counted upon to confirm to basic journalistic standards. Which means that 'Fox News' is on my BS list along with The Canary, Skwarkbox, The Independent (a once-proud newspaper that has now become a source of online clickbait), Breitbart, RT and Press TV.

My reading includes The Economist, The Times, The Daily Telegraph (except for the reporting of clowns like Ambrose Evans-Pritchard) and The Wall Street Journal, none of which fall into the leftie category. Unless you happen to be Steve Bannon's lovechild, that is.

And as for Fox itself, it may be news to you to note that it is a subject of derision among US conservatives who didn't swallow the Trump Kool Aid. Its recent efforts to explain why SCROTUS did a deal with the likes of Pelosi on the debt ceiling by screwing over the GOP have been comedy gold.

So there is is. There is actually genuine news reporting out there (insofar as there are journalists covering events that have actually happened, rather than making shit up and bloviating about it). You've just got to look a lot harder than you have.

I take my news from outlets that are actually counted upon to confirm to basic journalistic standards. Which means that 'Fox News' is on my BS list along with The Canary, Skwarkbox, The Independent (a once-proud newspaper that has now become a source of online clickbait), Breitbart, RT and Press TV.

My reading includes The Economist, The Times, The Daily Telegraph (except for the reporting of clowns like Ambrose Evans-Pritchard) and The Wall Street Journal, none of which fall into the leftie category. Unless you happen to be Steve Bannon's lovechild, that is.

And as for Fox itself, it may be news to you to note that it is a subject of derision among US conservatives who didn't swallow the Trump Kool Aid. Its recent efforts to explain why SCROTUS did a deal with the likes of Pelosi on the debt ceiling by screwing over the GOP have been comedy gold.

So there is is. There is actually genuine news reporting out there (insofar as there are journalists covering events that have actually happened, rather than making shit up and bloviating about it). You've just got to look a lot harder than you have.
I missed that... you arrogant twerp!

BTW the Economist has shifted to the left in the past decade or so... you might as well read back copies of the long dead and much lamented Punch.
The WSJ is OK - they follow the money, I have a subscription.
I take the TOL and the Telegraph (through the latter is fast becoming a tabloid),
Assuming I am a Trump supporter is asinine... however his recent, and very Keynesian, tax code restructuring, has 'kinda' mollified the GOP - though the Dems wouldn't be satisfied whatever he did. Mind you the chickens may come home to roost in 5 years or so if his increasing the national debt doesn't induce manufacturers to return to the USA.

It would behoove you to pay attention to all media outlets.... doing so might just give you a more balanced view.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads