Sky Free Phone number...F###ed off with the new sky+ Layout

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by dance_with_the_devil, Dec 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Fellow Arssers,
    After a sleepness night with the little "Rugrat" causing havoc, i decided to try and calm the little bugger down with some much needed cbeebies action.
    Only to find some bugger overnight has changed my Sky format to some new fangled layout...What was wrong with the old Sky layout etc!!
    Anyway now the box freezes, channel selection is slower and menu stays on screen and no amount of button pressing gets the bl00dy menu off screen.
    So my question is has anyone got a Sky Freephone number to call as i'm not preppared to use an expensive 0870 number and be kept on hold for an eternity.
    Have tried the usual google route but most of the numbers suggested have been either blocked, out of date or withdrawn by Sky already.

Thanks in advance

If this post is in the wrong forum column Mods please feel free to move.:)
  2. Try
  3. Cheers :wink:

Will give it a go.
  4. 08442 411 411 - opt1, opt1, opt1, opt1, opt1 - until you get a human being to speak to you then they can put you through to the person you need (that's what I do any way)
  5. have you tried unplugging it at the mains for at least 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. thats is one of the standard things they will ask you. try that before you phone in. no guarantees but that normally fixes mine.
  6. I have recently cancelled sky and its a bloody nightmare trying to get to speak to a human. I was so frustrated I would have phoned any number in the end!
  7. Have tried the website but most of the numbers are 0870. 0207, 0844 etc
    Unfortunately no freebies.

With regards to un plugging it, yeah have been down that route many times.
    I have read that alot of the Sky boxes are either manufactured by other companies or re-conditioned and put back into circulation.
    I hane checked mine and it has AMSTRAD stamped on it.
    Alan Sugar....."Your Fired"...:0

It's pretty Arrse in this day and age we have very little choice in 21st Century digital viewing..It looks like Sky has the Monopoly on our viewing :twisted:
  8. Go Virgin media or cable then
  9. Looks the way ahead matey..
    But am locked into current contract, definately gonna switch.

Any takers on an up to date Freebie number for Sky?
  10. Is this reply I found on a website Q&A board any help?

All Sky telephone numbers start 0870, however this is not necessarily a bad thing if you are on BT Option 2 then 0870 and 0845 phone numbers are free after 6pm and at weekends. But better still if you are on BT Option 3 they are free 24/7.
    Alternatively you can make any change you want on the sky website.
  11. Cheers for the heads up matey,
    Yes my phone is a BT landline, But i don't know what Option / Tarriff i'm on.
    Cheers anyway mate.. :)
  12. Check your latest bill it will tell you what option you are on
  13. 0207 number is central London so would only be a national rate call and free on most tarriffs in the evening, or use your inclusive minutes on your mobile.
  14. Cheers for all the input :D
    After much searching on tinternet and doubling back over old ground managed to speak to a "Real Human" on first attempt..Chuffed ta Fcuk.. :lol:
    Engineer booked to arrive next week, and hopefully "Drop Kick my Fcuking Box into the Ionasphere!1... :wink:
  15. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

I agree that 0207 is London so shouldn't be a premium rate and I also agree that Sky customer service leaves something to be desired.

I recently had my dish knocked by some builders and was getting a few issues where it kept freezing and general poor picture quality, so I decided to have a fiddle with it.

I think it was in services, but I found a signal strength and quality reader, so I set it on to this, went up a ladder in the garden and slackened off the four retaining bolts on the dish. OH stood in a place where she could see the screen and shouted up to me, "better" or "worse" as I slowly teaked the dish, until I got the best signal I could (around 70% on both) and not had a problem since.

This may not fix your problem, but may well be worth a look.