• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Sky Dive For Charity

If you raise enough sponsorship money it does not cost you a penny however, if you wish you can pay the cost of the jump and then donate all the funds raised to the charity. Let's not forget though why we are doing this, you will at the same time be raising much needed funds to help and support wounded service men and women of the armed forces injured in any of the UK's conflicts including NI and NATO Operations.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'd rather donate where I see fit rather than see lots of £400's get paid to run a scheme. It could just be me but I'd not pay any charity money for someone to get something for 'free'.

Hi, Sorry you feel the way you do but almost all charities, including the big ones do the same deal with the same companies for skydiving or adventure trek's. Not sure you understand how it works.

oldbaldy

LE
Hi, Sorry you feel the way you do but almost all charities, including the big ones do the same deal with the same companies for skydiving or adventure trek's. Not sure you understand how it works.
I do & at every opportunity I tell them why I will not support any of these 'adventures' that give someone a free holiday or 'adventure' of some sort.

A tandem skydive is the most popular jump type and you need to raise £395 for your jump to be free. So anything above that figure goes to the charity. But like I said before you can pay the fee for the dive yourself and then raise the funds for the charity. Hundreds of charities use these companies as a way to raise additional funds with no cost to the charity.

A tandem skydive is the most popular jump type and you need to raise £395 for your jump to be free. So anything above that figure goes to the charity. But like I said before you can pay the fee for the dive yourself and then raise the funds for the charity. Hundreds of charities use these companies as a way to raise additional funds with no cost to the charity.
So, if I raise £400, I get a free skydive and £5 goes to charity. If the normal price of a tandem jump is £260, who gets the other £135?

So if I understand you correctly, we need to raise £395 which will be used to pay for the jump and that won't go to charity. However, anything above the £395 will go to charity?

Just for clarification; let's say I raise 400 pounds - does this mean that I pay "you" 395 pounds for the jump and the charity receives only 5 pounds?

I think we understand only too well how it works...

If your in the military i'd suggest contacting Netheravon direct or even the Silver Stars at South Cerney, I'm sure you could get a discounted Tandem and more of your money would go to the charity.

It does cost the charity because people donate thinking they are giving to the charity not to give someone a 'free' skydive.
Aye, so they want us to go round telling everybody that the money they donate will go to charity, when in fact it is just going to pay for a skydive. That is acquiring money under false pretences. I wonder how much ArmyofAngels and Skyline are splitting to make this "deal". Thieving *****.

Charity my arrse. They should have their charity status revoked.

Aye, so they want us to go round telling everybody that the money they donate will go to charity, when in fact it is just going to pay for a skydive. That is acquiring money under false pretences. I wonder how much ArmyofAngels and Skyline are splitting to make this "deal". Thieving *****.
Now, now. For all we know, they may be donating their services free or at genuine cost price, but are setting a minimum collection to avoid thousands of people turning up, with all proceeds going to the charity. Nevertheless, it would still be more beneficial to the charity if people were sponsored NOT to jump.

I think the sticking point is why pay for someone to do a free jump, surely if they want to raise funds you should do the jump any way (from your own pocket) and get sponsorship for it.

The issue comes if people can't afford the price of a parachute jump, these companies offer a method of getting the jump for free and lets not forget if that offer didn't exist the charity wouldn't get any money.

I used to do some work with a guy from the Grand Appeal (wallace & gromit charity) who organised these events on behalf of the charity and took no money, i'm sure there are similar schemes embedded with H4H and ABF

The only charriddies I give my pennies to are Hols4Heroes and Dogs Trust. At a push I will go for Cancer Research.

I sternly refuse to give money to Help4Heroes and see my own arrse on people who wear their wristband.

If I am going to give my (not-so-hard-earned) dosh to something, I'll give it to deserving people/dogs. Not some ***** that get a ******* ninety grand a year for running a charity.

I think you all know my feelings on this now. If you don't like it, eat me.

Latest Threads