Sky Dive For Charity

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by ArmyOfAngels, May 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting thread.. always up for raising some cash for our heroes!

2. So you've to raise almost £400 for this to be 'free'. That's not free is it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you raise enough sponsorship money it does not cost you a penny however, if you wish you can pay the cost of the jump and then donate all the funds raised to the charity. Let's not forget though why we are doing this, you will at the same time be raising much needed funds to help and support wounded service men and women of the armed forces injured in any of the UK's conflicts including NI and NATO Operations.

[​IMG]

4. I'd rather donate where I see fit rather than see lots of £400's get paid to run a scheme. It could just be me but I'd not pay any charity money for someone to get something for 'free'.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hi, Sorry you feel the way you do but almost all charities, including the big ones do the same deal with the same companies for skydiving or adventure trek's. Not sure you understand how it works.

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I do & at every opportunity I tell them why I will not support any of these 'adventures' that give someone a free holiday or 'adventure' of some sort.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. A tandem skydive is the most popular jump type and you need to raise £395 for your jump to be free. So anything above that figure goes to the charity. But like I said before you can pay the fee for the dive yourself and then raise the funds for the charity. Hundreds of charities use these companies as a way to raise additional funds with no cost to the charity.

8. So, if I raise £400, I get a free skydive and £5 goes to charity. If the normal price of a tandem jump is £260, who gets the other £135?

9. So if I understand you correctly, we need to raise £395 which will be used to pay for the jump and that won't go to charity. However, anything above the £395 will go to charity?

10. Just for clarification; let's say I raise 400 pounds - does this mean that I pay "you" 395 pounds for the jump and the charity receives only 5 pounds?

I think we understand only too well how it works...

11. Bigbird, come to the rescue please..............................................

12. What? As something soft to land on in case the chute doesn't open?

13. If your in the military i'd suggest contacting Netheravon direct or even the Silver Stars at South Cerney, I'm sure you could get a discounted Tandem and more of your money would go to the charity.

14. Because other people pay for your jump? :?

Or did I miss something?

• Like Like x 1