Skull insignias frowned upon by seniors

But you, as a self described 'Cold War, never deployed infantry stab' do like it? Is that because despite your 'seniority' you somehow get something everyone else is missing?

You're so 'right on' - well done. Don't think it will make you any friends mind, least of all in Credenhill, Poole or anywhere else who would rightly deride your attempts to support them, whether they were wearing 'Punisher' badges or not.

Only my opinion, but it seems to have some support at least, is that it should be a given when you join up that if you wish complete Selection and to operate in the shadows then you shouldn't think it appropriate to carry a torch.
From the posts I see it looks like support is pretty even.

From the posts I see it looks like support is pretty even.
Really? I won’t be counting.

However - fancy answering the question or commenting on my views?

Really? I won’t be counting.

However - fancy answering the question or commenting on my views?
I already have numerous times. Do you really want me to repeat it all.

I also asked you numerous times to tell me why you think wearing the patch will negatively affect performance.

It’s a small patch resembling a skull. As has been worn and displayed many times since ww2. Is it really worth the outrage.

I already have numerous times. Do you really want me to repeat it all.

I also asked you numerous times to tell me why you think wearing the patch will negatively affect performance.

It’s a small patch resembling a skull. As has been worn and displayed many times since ww2. Is it really worth the outrage.
In order:

You haven't.

No.

I have.

It is and it hasn't.

It isn't 'outrage', just close understanding, please don't demean my opinion by saying that I'm 'outraged'.

I think it's pretty clear we won't agree.

Rounds complete, guns empty etc etc

In order:

You haven't.

No.

I have.

It is and it hasn't.

It isn't 'outrage', just close understanding, please don't demean my opinion by saying that I'm 'outraged'.

I think it's pretty clear we won't agree.

Rounds complete, guns empty etc etc
In order.

Are you saying we haven’t had numerous exchanges in this thread, giving our opposing opinions.

Good and I bet other readers are grateful

I guess I missed your explanation please could you give me a post number.

We agree on that then it’s a little badge and doesn’t effect performance

You sound like you are outraged by it. That’s your view what’s demeaning about that.

We won’t agree.

And rounds complete, ammunition expended but I have never heard “guns empty”.

Right.

Where do I go with that ?

You say you want to ignore history but celebrate an SS fanboi culture.

Can you explain that?

We need an SS mentality? FFS....

And, before anyone weighs in, I'm well aware of 17th 'Mottos' and submarine Jolly Rogers.
You said I was celebrating an SS fanboi culture. What did you mean by that. Was that meant to be demeaning.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This has always been a thing. Some soldiers try hard to give themselves a bit of character on tour because, well, **** knows why.

Punisher badges were about in 2009-2010, as were skull face buffs, etc. All thoroughly ridiculous and the vast majority ordered off peoples kit and faces as quickly as they appeared.

It was only ever the morons that tried to wear them to look ally, the rest of us kinda picked up on the fact that staring at the locals with a skull face buff covering you and shades on, didn't really win any hearts and minds.

Kids these days eh?

As someone said a bit back, this is the call of duty generation.

Try employing them.
We already are, and hopefully they discover pretty quickly that it’s nothing like CoD. We shouldn’t be turning into live action role play sloldiering.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'd be happier if the gentlemen in the top pic in the blue stripey trousers put their Sam Brownes on correctly.
Coppers traditionally wear the SB over the left shoulder, to support a pistol on their right hip, as opposed to a sword on their left (swords not being that traditional of a police weapon)

The RCMP do both, as a result of their military heritage, left shoulder when carrying a pistol, right shoulder with a sword.

Last edited:
To be fair, it’s not like they’re covered in badges most of the time. Callsign patches a UJ and a Squadron badge dosent exactly identify the unit externally any more than the crye kit does.

I’m pretty sure the old rules still apply when external to camp on courses etc. That of stable belt, beret and no other insignia.

I’m sure G Force’s Punisher will carry on regardless, especially when CGS is a Sqn alumni.

To be fair, it’s not like they’re covered in badges most of the time. Callsign patches a UJ and a Squadron badge dosent exactly identify the unit externally any more than the crye kit does.

I’m pretty sure the old rules still apply when external to camp on courses etc. That of stable belt, beret and no other insignia.

I’m sure G Force’s Punisher will carry on regardless, especially when CGS is a Sqn alumni.
When I see MC-S wearing a skull.......

Is that an Afrika Korps palm tree thingy as well?
Don't get me started... There is a cracking picture of a Bundeswehr tank commander in Iraq(?) giving the 'old' salute. Slightly going off topic, some were wearing tee shirts with "I got further than my Grandad" :)

The old ones are the best

I enjoyed my time in the SAS .............. shame I got kicked out for bullying

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ZappBrannigan Films, Music and All Things Artsy 0
Offendi The NAAFI Bar 92
G The NAAFI Bar 82