Skoda Yeti 2010 views please

I'm starting to think I'll have to spend more than I thought to get a Yeti/Roomster off a reputable dealer. One firm I looked at had cars where the MOT ran out July/August this year - is this usual? I assumed cars come with a years MOT, surely that's the dealer's job to ensure the vehicle's in good order before offering it for sale????

I wanted to get something about £5-£6k to see me through my first year of driving before upgrading
May dealers will not re mot until sold so that it goes with a full 12 months at the time of purchase, so not unusual , thing is many of the smaller dealers will use a "friendly " mot tester to give it an easy pass, we had that one one vehicle purchased but it was picked up at delivery time.
Try and take a knowledgeable person to have a look at possibles , a second pair of eyes, have a look at the log book V5 and see how far away the previous owner lived, gives a clue as to how far it may gone through dealer swaps.
The one you want is out there.

Poppy

LE
theaa.com/used-cars/cardetails/6-1938377

I'm going to look at this one tomorrow @wheelchairwarrier - Parkers values it at £1775 - £2405 for a dealer - is the higher asking price due to being 52k mileage which seems low for its age?

Has anyone any tips? I assume I should haggle if I like it?

I'm going to look at this one tomorrow @wheelchairwarrier - Parkers values it at £1775 - £2405 for a dealer - is the higher asking price due to being 52k mileage which seems low for its age?

There should be a mileage adjustment thingy in Parkers

Good luck, I looked at yetis for a few years before giving up. Distance to collect was partially the problem, the main reason was the sparseness of 4x4 venison’s on sale.

It is a pity they were discontinued

Poppy

LE
Good luck, I looked at yetis for a few years before giving up. Distance to collect was partially the problem, the main reason was the sparseness of 4x4 venison’s on sale.

It is a pity they were discontinued
it's a Roomster

Poppy

LE
I gathered that, after posting :rolleyes: my bad
so despite that any tips on haggling?........for the roomster that is - I've given upon the Yeti for now

Hmm interesting, from the info gleaned ( and I'm no expert ) the mileage patten suggests a retired/low mileage user owner, tiptronic auto box would support the pensioner theory . Covid extended the mot period 2019-2021, the advisory's ie the dust cover check if it has been rectified , the mention of rear brake disc pitting, our roomster gets that every year they seem to rust up quickly.
Haggle points , check that every thing works,in particular headlight aim adjuster and as its 14 years old pay attention to the tip tronic gearbox good if its been looked after and has had fluids changed make sure it works smoothly up and down the gears ,run the air con and check the service history. Bearing in mind its age be cheeky and start at £3500 with new mot, what ever you pay get a new mot with it.
I recon the seller may take £ 3900.
Good luck.
ETA; Keys, make sure it has both sets of keys and the remotes work

Last edited:
so despite that any tips on haggling?........for the roomster that is - I've given upon the Yeti for now

it depends
new exhaust tyres windscreen wipers new fluids changed over ala service or new timing belt

wily charms work or not
asking innocent questions regarding timing belt, fluids and tyres can catch them out.

When I asked about car seat attachment points and a few other safety features the salesmen paused realising I wasn’t a palooka

Poppy

LE
There should be a mileage adjustment thingy in Parkers
I did basic free check - will do paid one if I like the car. There is a red Roomster in Brent similar age etc so may see if I can get up there next week to view - then may have problem deciding - I much prefer red but that brown colour may help avoid it getting stolen! It looks clean and well kept inside so if I like driving it this afternoon may put down deposit

I'll keep you posted. I did think of asking if I can do test drive to parents' care home so I can ask dad's advice but he isn't really with it enough these days sadly - he wouldn't say anything good about anything in the past and last week said I have to consider cost of running the car not just the price - I've been looking for about as long as I've been learning to drive (over 2 years) so do realise that . I have to communicate in writing as he's deaf so I carry a notebook when visiting which is exhausting - I can't see any salesman having the patience! It's a great shame as I think he'd appreciate my asking his opinion.

Poppy

LE

Poppy

LE
I bought the Roomster from Clean Cars - it should be delivered tomorrow. I didn't do too well on the haggling front - got £100 off and a 6 month warranty instead of 3 month

He said it has two sets of keys but couldn't find one set :( The car comes with full service records and invoices back to the start and has been well looked after

I bought the Roomster from Clean Cars - it should be delivered tomorrow. I didn't do too well on the haggling front - got £100 off and a 6 month warranty instead of 3 month

He said it has two sets of keys but couldn't find one set :( The car comes with full service records and invoices back to the start and has been well looked after
Well done £100 is £100 as for the keys, get another key made up even if it isnt a remote fob at least you can still get in and drive. When you get the car and there is only one set of keys it might be worth contacting the previous owner to enquire about he missing set . I had this when I got the Isuzu , told 2 sets but only one set suppled, called the previous owner who had the second set !
Sounds like you did very well , do you get a new mot ?

Poppy

LE
Well done £100 is £100 as for the keys, get another key made up even if it isnt a remote fob at least you can still get in and drive. When you get the car and there is only one set of keys it might be worth contacting the previous owner to enquire about he missing set . I had this when I got the Isuzu , told 2 sets but only one set suppled, called the previous owner who had the second set !
Sounds like you did very well , do you get a new mot ?
thank you!

it's probably not the ideal bargain I would have got if I knew what I was doing but I hope I'll be happy with it

no to MOT I'll get one from the garage at the bottom of the road in January, The records have the previous owner in Southsea's details so I'll contact them about he keys if the seller doesn't come up with the goods

my aim is to use it for a year or so then trade up but it may be I'll keep it until it isn't economic to use it anymore - I do like the shape of it even though it's quite old. I'll get used to driving before making any big decisions. I like the way I can put the seats up to make it into a van - it's a great design - I wonder why they stopped making it?

thank you!

it's probably not the ideal bargain I would have got if I knew what I was doing but I hope I'll be happy with it

no to MOT I'll get one from the garage at the bottom of the road in January, The records have the previous owner in Southsea's details so I'll contact them about he keys if the seller doesn't come up with the goods

my aim is to use it for a year or so then trade up but it may be I'll keep it until it isn't economic to use it anymore - I do like the shape of it even though it's quite old. I'll get used to driving before making any big decisions. I like the way I can put the seats up to make it into a van - it's a great design - I wonder why they stopped making it?
We have had Roomsters since they first came out , it was easy to adapt for me and great for the dogs, the first one was a 1.9 tdi , we sold it at over 200k miles replacing it with the 1.6tdi , ours was the 2nd to last to be registered. A bad move I think to discontinue it in favour of the Yeti. All our have ever needed is proper servicing , and lubrication.

Poppy

LE
well here it is :)

Attachments

• 20211007_124158.jpg
    20211007_124158.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20211007_124135.jpg
    20211007_124135.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

Poppy

LE
Top tip use blue tac for niggly access spots when it comes to cleaning
Get linoleum for the boot, prevents fabric getting messy and its a cheap way to replace eventually

thanks got a boot mat from Lidl on Friday along with a thing to blow the tyres up :)

I passed my test on Tuesday, went out with a neighbour on Wednesday , then went on A13, A406 and M11 on Thursday - bit of a baptism of fire. I visited a friend yesterday on Chessington and stayed over - got lost more times than I can count which was a bit scary today as it was getting dark and I didn't know if I was in Balham, Streatham or Tulse HIll :) but I'm determined to keep practicing

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
thanks got a boot mat from Lidl on Friday along with a thing to blow the tyres up :)

I passed my test on Tuesday, went out with a neighbour on Wednesday , then went on A13, A406 and M11 on Thursday - bit of a baptism of fire. I visited a friend yesterday on Chessington and stayed over - got lost more times than I can count which was a bit scary today as it was getting dark and I didn't know if I was in Balham, Streatham or Tulse HIll :) but I'm determined to keep practicing
I'd recommend a Garmin Sat Nav, easy to use and read.

Latest Threads