Skoda Yeti 2010 views please

With any 10+ year old car, it’s always a bit of a punt isn’t it?

I think the 1.2 TSI engine prior to 2014 was timing chain, and the early ones of those had problems, but later ones sorted - however I’ll bet money most you find on the market are people who have been advised to replace a rattling timing chain and balked at the price of it.

I think I’d rather have a 3 year old Fabia than a 10 year old Yeti.

I think the 1.2 TSI engine prior to 2014 was timing chain, and the early ones of those had problems, but later ones sorted - however I’ll bet money most you find on the market are people who have been advised to replace a rattling timing chain and balked at the price of it.

The yeti has a niche market part estate part off-road it’s all about what you’re buying it for

Have a look at the Dacia Duster.

Loads available second hand.

If you can stretch your budget get the 4X4 version.

Pop into your local Renault/Dacia Show Room to view new ones/second hand ones.

anglo

LE

On the other hand, I bought a 10 year old, it's now 18 years old,
serviced every year, not a spot of rust on it, replaced front discs,
and exhaust hangers and tyres, I paid £1800 for it as it had low mileage

We are on our 2nd Roomster aka the dogs car . Have had it from new and now at 5 years old it is still fault less, apart from the lck of 4x4 it does nearly everything the yeti does.

Ursus Major

Old-Salt
Bought my Yeti new in 2010, outside parked, no rust only needed new tires and (this year) new brake pads. Outstanding car.

Poppy

LE
theaa.com/used-cars/cardetails/6-1916665#tooltip-previousKeepers

any views on this particular car please? It's ULEZ compliant but seems over priced as Parkers says worth £3190-£3880 from a dealer. It looks good in the photos and has low mileage for the age which may be why it's priced above average

Topgear landed a helicopter on the roof of a moving Yeti in one programme - great free advertising at the time I thought! Watch here -
Helicopter bit is towards the end.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
theaa.com/used-cars/cardetails/6-1916665#tooltip-previousKeepers

any views on this particular car please? It's ULEZ compliant but seems over priced as Parkers says worth £3190-£3880 from a dealer. It looks good in the photos and has low mileage for the age which may be why it's priced above average
Top whack money for a Roomster especially one with curbed alloys.

Otherwise looks alright and obviously the low mileage is a bonus. Looks to be decent spec with the panoramic roof.

As with any secondhand motor, ideally you need someone who knows what they’re doing to physically go and see it with you.

As with any secondhand motor, ideally you need someone who knows what they’re doing to physically go and see it with you.

Kick the tyres, check the engine is still there. Look in the boot to see if it's full of bricks. Open and close a few doors.

Sorted.

Poppy

LE
motors.co.uk/car-60847669/?i=19&m=ds

am I right to be suspicious? this is about £5k cheaper than similar vehicles - it doesn't say it's Cat N or S where other cars in this dealer do

Poppy

LE
theaa.com/used-cars/cardetails/6-1938377
or this Roomster?

motors.co.uk/car-60847669/?i=19&m=ds

am I right to be suspicious? this is about £5k cheaper than similar vehicles - it doesn't say it's Cat N or S where other cars in this dealer do
1.2 ltr and £170 a year tax , will be a bit gutless, our 1.6 roomster is £125 ish tax but it is diesel

Edited to add looking at the mot history a teltale of non matching rear light lenses , accident at some time not recorded? damage to wind screen and worn tyre advisory that and a short mot in 2018 , it may have been through the dealers a couple of times. I think you are right to be wary

Last edited:

Poppy

LE
1.2 ltr and £170 a year tax , will be a bit gutless, our 1.6 roomster is £125 ish tax but it is diesel

Edited to add looking at the mot history a teltale of non matching rear light lenses , accident at some time not recorded? damage to wind screen and worn tyre advisory that and a short mot in 2018 , it may have been through the dealers a couple of times. I think you are right to be wary

thank you :)

Poppy

LE
There's this one for sale privately in Leatherhead:

I did a vehicle check and there are adverse results - discrepancy in mileage, VIN not right and number plate change :(

Parents had two , successively , passed them on to the kids, serially. Son turned his nose up a bit at first but finds it very convenient for lugging kit, mixed driving work journeys and girlfriend likes it for long journeys and plenty of space for moving. Daughter loves hers, bought the back seat inflatable mattress for it and overnights in it at barbecue parties instead of bothering with a tent - easier than sleeping in it with the back seats folded down. Pity they are no longer made

Poppy

LE
Money well spent IMHO , saves grief later.

I'm starting to think I'll have to spend more than I thought to get a Yeti/Roomster off a reputable dealer. One firm I looked at had cars where the MOT ran out July/August this year - is this usual? I assumed cars come with a years MOT, surely that's the dealer's job to ensure the vehicle's in good order before offering it for sale????

I wanted to get something about £5-£6k to see me through my first year of driving before upgrading

Latest Threads