Skoda Yeti 2010 views please

Poppy

LE
I've seen a Yeti online I like the look of but it's in Bolton (they deliver and I'm in London) - can anyone tell me if it looks a good deal? .......and yes I know it's probably a bad time to be buying a car :) It will be my first car but I want room for my camping gear and bike

autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109047001653?year-to=2021&ulez-compliant=on&radius=1500&postcode=ig76ez&model=YETI&make=SKODA&exclude-writeoff-categories=on&sort=distance&transmission=Automatic&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=10000&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&fuel-type=Petrol&page=1

Poppy

LE
thank you I've read Raver's view - just want to know if this particular car looks worth me buying as I won't be ab;e to see it first. I'd thought I could only afford a Roomster so pleased to see a Yeti at this price (I don't want to spend a lot as it may get bumped in early days of driving)

I've seen a Yeti online I like the look of but it's in Bolton (they deliver and I'm in London) - can anyone tell me if it looks a good deal? .......and yes I know it's probably a bad time to be buying a car :) It will be my first car but I want room for my camping gear and bike

autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202109047001653?year-to=2021&ulez-compliant=on&radius=1500&postcode=ig76ez&model=YETI&make=SKODA&exclude-writeoff-categories=on&sort=distance&transmission=Automatic&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=10000&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&include-delivery-option=on&fuel-type=Petrol&page=1

Fill yer boots .... pardon the pun

Of the reviews I’Ve seen on YouTube, it’s rated a good all rounder.

thank you I've read Raver's view - just want to know if this particular car looks worth me buying as I won't be ab;e to see it first. I'd thought I could only afford a Roomster so pleased to see a Yeti at this price (I don't want to spend a lot as it may get bumped in early days of driving)

Apologies, I didn’t realise you meant that particular one. Doh.

A new one is probably fine, second hand they probably smell a little bit of wee , due to the demographic of most of the buyers ( at least in these parts), sort of a step above the impoverished old who schlepp about in eight year old berlingos.

Poppy

LE
A new one is probably fine, second hand they probably smell a little bit of wee , due to the demographic of most of the buyers ( at least in these parts), sort of a step above the impoverished old who schlepp about in eight year old berlingos.

well I'm middle aged :)

Seen worse MOT histories by a long chalk...but then MOTs are a joke.
Lower than average miles for year too..it seems.
They say it's 5k above national average miles, but averages have been skewed by Covid etc.
Used to be around 13k per annum.
It's got a ticket till next March as you probably spotted.
Cannot see any shut-line repair damage from the photos but I'd want some service history even just for lube & pad changes. Might need new shocks for next MOT and it seems to need a new tyre now.
All of which says to me it's a possible handshake at £4.6k tops tbh.
Bet it owes dealer a lot less as a trade in as it should since it's their business.
If you get it first things I'd do are a complete fluid change out.
I think the slushtrans needs new ATF every 40k so that car should have had 2 drains and it's a cambelt engine so find out if that was done.
It should have been....or your piston crowns might give your valves a good slap one day.
Looks poverty spec to me eg fabric seats and non colour coded bodywork which for a workhorse is really a benefit especially in tail gate area.
I'd not pay 5k though...never ever bunce up 100% what people like these chance your wallet at.

Last edited:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’d offer 4700 for it.

Looks like it’s had dogs in the back. Stains on the boot carpet, scratches on plastic etc. Be prepared for bad smells.

Otherwise looks alright.

Don't forget to factor in the delivery charge which could be somewhere in the region of £400-£500 depending on whereabouts it is you live. They are stating free delivery up to 50 miles then £2 per mile thereafter.

Is there nothing available more locally in a similar price range or perhaps with a higher spec or lower mileage? Have you had the chance to take one for even a short test drive to see if the car meets your needs ergonomically?

Seen worse MOT histories by a long chalk...but then MOTs are a joke.
Lower than average miles for year too..it seems.
They say it's 5k above national average miles, but averages have been skewed by Covid etc.
Used to be around 13k per annum.
It's got a ticket till next March as you probably spotted.
Cannot see any shut-line repair damage from the photos but I'd want some service history even just for lube & pad changes. Might need new shocks for next MOT and it seems to need a new tyre now.
All of which says to me it's a possible handshake at £4.6k tops tbh.
Bet it owes dealer a lot less as a trade in as it should since it's their business.
If you get it first things I'd do are a complete fluid change out.
I think the slushtrans needs new ATF every 40k so that car should have had 2 drains and it's a cambelt engine so find out if that was done.
It should have been....or your piston crowns might give your valves a good slap one day.
Looks poverty spec to me eg fabric seats and non colour coded bodywork which for a workhorse is really a benefit especially in tail gate area.
I'd not pay 5k though...never ever bunce up 100% what people like these chance your wallet at.

That's a £3.5k car.

Tops.

Poppy

LE
well it's academic now as I phoned to ask for live video view and they said they don't deliver due to the age of the car - contradicting their website! I haven't seen any other Yetis so cheap so will carry on looking at Roomsters instead as they are generally half the price

thank you all for your advice it is appreciated

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
well it's academic now as I phoned to ask for live video view and they said they don't deliver due to the age of the car - contradicting their website! I haven't seen any other Yetis so cheap so will carry on looking at Roomsters instead as they are generally half the price

Plenty of car transport companies about who would pick it up for you.

Going rate is about a quid a mile on the back of a low loader.

Cheaper if you get some minimum wage flunky to hitch hike up there and drive it back on trade plates.

What a bunch of utter ham shankers.

Poppy

LE