Skoda Octavia

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Tinman74, Jul 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thinking of trading in my 09 plate Mitsubishi Outlander for a VRS Octavia estate.

Has anyone had any experience of the Octavia?

2. One thought?
    At the moment they are doing VAT free and 0% finance on stock petrols so why bother with a used one ?
    (5% vat &7.9% on diesels)
  3. It's a 60 plate, 9k miles and a good 8k off list price.
  4. I've had a 'new shape' 2006 Octavia VRS from new. Great car, 200BHP 6 speed & no problems. Done over 100,000 miles in it.
    The majority of parts or common in various Audi & VW models, even the Skoda engine cover has a little Audi badge on the side of it!
  5. My pal runs a couple as taxis, recons their the dogs for high mileage and cost effectiveness
  6. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

What's your Outlander like? I'm about to sell our MPV and was thinking about the Outlander..
  7. Got a 2005 Octavia. Good reliable cars, as witnessed by their use as taxis everywhere.

The dealers seem to be even more devious than most main dealers, looking for any opportunity to slide in a few extras. No Haynes manuals available, servicing generally needs an electronic gizmo to interrogate the electronics.
  8. Skoda - buy one and get an VW/Audi! Excellent cars. I've had two Octavias and will have another when it's time. Both the 1.9l TDI. Go for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I had a VRS for work for about 8 weeks, what a laugh. Great fun to drive pretty quick but not mental and more than a match for more expensive cars with similar performance.
    I cannot really give any practical data as the company paid for the petrol, oil and servicing, it was ragged in the time I used it though and never broke.
  10. Excellent, High spec levels on the elegance version. Lockable diff, selectable 4 or 2 wheel drive. It also is a hatchback with a dropable tail (handy when camping) over all a good egg,
  11. As Queensman said pay for a Skoda and get an Audi. It's a no-brainer.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Had the AWD version for a while, nice jam jar. I traded it because I needed more ground clearance where I shoot.
  13. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

you Shooting round Leeds city centre again, fecking speed humps everywhere!!!
  14. Hampshire police bought two of the souped up petrol models a couple of years ago and apparently there isn't much that can get away from them. By all accounts they are very reliable too.
  15. No, deepest darkest Hessen and Thuringen, the game is bigger there but it doesn't shoot back.........thinking about it though, a days rough shooting in Chapel town and I'm your man!