skits

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by 166biatch, Sep 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what is it with officers making jnco's make themselves look like complete twats as perfoming monkeys for their entertainment.
    yet again at the end of our ade, we have a had a brilliant bbq to celebrate and then the muppets above make us do stupid skits which no one wants to do.
    this year we were even bullied and threatned into doing it, is this not a breach of MATT6! :evil:

2. Probably not. It's called 'having a laugh' and has been done since the year dot. The aim of the skit is to make the officers look like complete cnuts so you're obviously doing it wrong. So, it's a C- for you and a "Must try harder".
    Failing that you could just try growing a pair. You sound like a whiner.

3. What he said - it's your chance to take the p!ss out of them and they have to smile as you ram the knife home. FFS, if one of them isn't being held back by the CO as you mock his dress, speech, mannerisms and military skills you're not trying. Put down the console controller, drink more and develop your skills in this area.

4. Not like some of the cunts on the last course I was on. I suggested a pretty biting skit that would have played on the factors you detailed above, only to be responded to with:

"We can't make it too harsh"

from one of the guys on the course. If you're reading this, you fat siggy cunt, you're a waste of oxygen, and I wanted to deck you from day 1.

5. Is the poster's other name wedge - has that feel all over it. Can't wait to hear how these big tough JNCO's were bullied into it. I'd call immediately for the outrage bus, if I could be arrsed. Better still, you could use this thread as a skit.

6. Major piss-ups, especially those involving all ranks wouldn't be the same without skits. The fixed grins plastered on the officer's faces as they're mercillesly ridiculed to the point of out and out insubordination and personal attack makes me grin just thinking about it. This is only trumped by a half-empty can of warm John Smiths being lobbed off aforementioned officer's head.

7. You soft bag of sh1t.

Are you so up-tight that you can't have fun when given half a chance?

Jeeeeez!!

8. 166biatch Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:29 pm Post subject: skits
    what is it with officers making jnco's make themselves look like complete **** as perfoming monkeys for their entertainment.
    yet again at the end of our ade, we have a had a brilliant bbq to celebrate and then the muppets above make us do stupid skits which no one wants to do.
    this year we were even bullied and threatned into doing it, is this not a breach of MATT6!

Been 20 years in this game (reg & TA), one of my greatest memories - we had an SSM called Short who was 'Short' in stature, patience & humour. Blokes put his t**t hat (nicked earlier) over a remote control car with his stick (also nicked earlier) stuck on the side. Drove it around while someone did his voice. All you could see was this hat & stick moving around. Blokes in stitches, funiest thing, nothing he could do about it!
    Get a grip mate!!!! It's your chance & if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined.

9. Whilst at regimental gun camp, Castlemartin held a skit night, The RAO stormed out and demanded to taken home (we were based in Windsor), she got a proper slating and couldn't handle it,
    It was put on by the NCO's Mess as a way of taking a pop at the Ruperts.

10. Agreed, and any decent Officer will laugh along with it, even when having the P*ssed ripped out of him. Although some of the skits I have seen in later years would not have entertained a 2 year old child. I blame the education system, TV, games consoles and most of all this new fangled idea that alcholol in excess is bad for one.

11. I fukcing hate skits too. Seems all to public school to me.

12. I went to a public school.

I love skits. Been on the giving and receiving end, so to speak.

If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined.

13. I actually agree with 5A

I have seen skits so funny they made my ribs ache. The neck of some of the crows on weekend six is astonishing; particularly the sight of a recruit acting as one of the senior DS; white eyebrows, sidies and 'tache.. Para beret and smock; pillow up the front.. best stop there...

14. fuckin muppets
    i dont mind doing em, i will take the piss out of the seniors to their face! its just we wanted a night to relax and do what we want for a night, but when we have to pay for a shit bbq, then get told to perform or loose our awards from camp, it takes the piss
    fortunaely, the silly arse who loves the skits has left the sqdn, god help her new lot

15. 8O Make yer mind up!

Was it good or was it shit?!