Skis and boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by brettarider, Feb 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Thinking of starting skiing again anyone recomend a cheap online retailer or shop who does good deals?

2. TK Maxx
    ASDA

3. In all seriousness, even though I may sound a bit up my own arse, I wouldn't recommend cheaping out on boots and skis by buying them cheap off the internet. Just bought myself a pair of boots (skis will have to wait until my money tree blooms again...) and I would definetly go to a shop and get them properly fitted (ie. by someone who knows what they are doing, who molds the boot to your foot and all that sort of stuff).

At first, I honestly thought it was as simple as finding a flash pair of boots at a good price on the net, and simply buying them in your normal shoe size. Definetly not the way to go. The shop I got mine in was a small standalone outdoor shop, and they gave me an excellent service (aswell as a 15% discount!). Have tried going to the big places, but they don't seem to give as good a service, more bothered about selling the boots in mass, rather than fitting them properly and doing all the extra (and in my opinion necessary) stuff that makes the boots that much better to wear.

Hope this helps.

4. Snow and Rock - have a look online then go to their Shop near Covent Garden and get the jobbies fitted. It's worth it if you plan to use them for a few years.

5. Snow and Rock were pretty good with their boot fitting service and also gave me a military discount.

6. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Cheers to be fair looked at a firm who used to do a deal for boots/bindings/skis all in and not being close to London ....80 odd miles from Glencoe makes it a bit hard to pop into a shop just dont want to get ripped off by a main stream shop