Skintland the Brave?

Sadly, it's the truth and as soon as Salmond drops that myopic shortbread-tin and Skye terriers romanticism of Scotland gets down to some seriouswork that may slowly help. If he and the self serving Lefties, and I include the likes of Kirst Wark et al dropped their idealism and stopped spending money they don't have... all the better. Oh, and Heroin dealers in Scotland should be shot and their family made to pay for the round. I was appalled when I was in Edinburgh at how many spotty, hoody types on Crack or Smck there were... and, no, Auld-Yin wasn't one of them. He was actually good company despite his Rgt....

Perhaps they could get a loan from the IMF and turn Scotland into a theme park.

Scottyland.

They could have daily parades with people dressed up as a cartoon Highlanders and a Burns night everynight to bring in the punters.

The Disney place near Paris seems to be doing just fine...

Rodney2q

Oh floower of Scotland
Who will ye find, ter pay the bru
When Alec's cheques bounce
And English claims willnee do
they'll send ye hameward
te think again

They really, really need someone to tell them to calm down, pull the Outrage Bus to the side of the road, and have a nice lie-down in the back. Perhaps we should send them Stacker1 now that he's freed of his ARRSE duties.

Well if it gets to the end of page one then we'll see.

Does this mean I have to change my username ???
With recent revelations about unsigned treaties, how about "Doncaster slapper"......

.....but since King David of Scotland was an illiterate gay French sock puppet that egg stain on the bottom edge qualifies as his mark, one of his better ones in fact!

Salmond will be delighted with this. Nothing gets the Scots' backs up more than, in his words, this 'Bullingdon club sneering condescension'. Another few thousand votes to the SNP.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Or maybe an internationally recognised economics publication brings to the fore the need for actual debate on what will happen if independence comes about.

Or maybe an internationally recognised economics publication brings to the fore the need for actual debate on what will happen if independence comes about.
No, they've made up something called 'devo-max' that means they can do what the **** they like and we have to keep paying for it.

Liverpool with bagpipes, basically.

S

swampmonster

There you go....selfish you are, ruining the fun of the masses with a huge possible 73 page debate on fanaticism of SNP's economic independence of Scotland...By actually stating the possible truth =)

Scotland had a fairly long standing conservative tradition which aligned itself fairly well with the protestant work ethic.

Now that Scots have started dumping the commie red Clydeside ethos why should they restrict themselves to the borders of a fairly unpleasant peat bog with the odd picturesque hill? The boys from the east India company would put wee Eck in his place.

Salmond will be delighted with this. Nothing gets the Scots' backs up more than, in his words, this 'Bullingdon club sneering condescension'. Another few thousand votes to the SNP.
Or it will confirm what many Scots are worried about, that independence will put Scotland from being part of the AAA+ economy of the UK into the bbb- ratings.

The SNP rely on one source of income - North Sea oil and gas. But output is already falling in this area, and it won't last forever.

If Scotland decides to go for the independence root, then they will soon have to forgo things they take for granted, such as free healthcare, benefits, and free higher education.

The people of Scotland should take a good look at the Republic of Ireland, at their history and economy since independence, before making any rash decisions.

Ireland was quite prosperous as part of the Union, but as soon as the rabid nationalists got control, their blatant mismanagement and fostering resentment of doing business with the UK, their economy became a joke.

Today in the Republic you have to pay every time you need to see a doctor (I believe it currently stands at €12 per visit. That's just to see the doctor, then you have to add on the cost of buying medication, which isn't subsidised like we are in the UK.

So if independence is only a matter of pride, and not about economy, go for it. But remember pride goes before a fall.