Skillforce Military to Mentors

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by caenmatt, Jul 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all
    Skillforce Military to Mentors
    Military to Mentors Military to Mentors | SkillForce
    Has anyone looked into this?
    It is a bit sketchy on the site regarding finance (wage etc). i have a young family and mortgage so this is important. no point doing the job of your dreams when you can't put a tin of beans on the table.
    I work in the further education sectors and have PTLLS and just completed CTLLS. I worked with teenagers before and would like to get into this line of work again. Does anyone work or have worked for Skillforce? Job vacancies are few and far between in the Manchester\oldham area so I thought this would be a way in.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  2. For the record, Military to Mentors is funded by the government and is designed to provide ex-service personnel with a career opportunity to progress within the education sector. SkillForce is delivering the programme with partner organisations - Endeavour and Knowsley Skills Academy. The first programme, commences in September 2011 and is the duration of one academic term including 4 weeks training and 8 weeks work experience. At the completion of the programme, successful candidates will have attained a level 2 mentoring qualification, relevant work experience and will be made aware of job opportunities within SkillForce, the partner organisations and schools.

This is an excellent opportunity to gain the skills, qualifications and experience to develop a new career. If you are interested in applying or have any queries please send an email to