Skill-At-Arms Rank Slides

I have recently been made up and am now trying to find a supplier of Sergeant Skill-At-Arms rank slides. I have tried drop-zone supplies where I got them as a corporal, but have been told that they have stopped doing them for sgts. Does anyone know where else I can get some? I have tried several other supplieres of military kit but they don't stock them either.

Many thanks
MBE

There is a firm called Lancashire Embroidery that supplies PRI shops.
They are in Kirby near Liverepool.

I am sure they will have what you want, they have every badge Ive ever seen. (Walt heaven)

Why wear an “illegal” rank slide?
Just stick to the approved one you were issued, :wink:

EgyptianPTInstructor said:
There is a firm called Lancashire Embroidery that supplies PRI shops.
They are in Kirby near Liverepool.

I am sure they will have what you want, they have every badge Ive ever seen. (Walt heaven)
Didn't they go bust?

Really? Do you have contact details please?

Could give HM Supplies a try, they seem to do a lot of "Walty" badges and rank slides :p

Guys

John Bull at catterick will get what you want made up

bought 3 corporal with skilly badge on like issue ones and then had 3 the same in blue but with royal signals under it

also lancs embroadery do them too !!!

Why the hell would anyone want to wear a skill at arms badge?
It's hardly a difficult course and it's just another one of those things that make Royal Signals soldiers look that much more 'chippy' than everyone else.
It's your personality and professionalism that should impress other soldiers - not the badges you wear!

i used to laugh at blokes strutting round the place with them crossed rifles badges thinking they were snipers or something!

like stated by tech genius professionalism and personality should impress. well said mate.

http://www.garrisonpri.co.uk/

They definitely have them, I know I saw some there last week when I was in the shop, however you have to phone them up as they aren't available online, £2.50 I believe

EDITED TO ADD:

Sorry, seems they have updated the site

SAA Sgt Slide

However I was always under the impression that once you got to Sgt, you didn't wear trade badgesd anymore unless you were employed primarly in the role, so a Sgt SAA instructor posted to the SAA wing of a training establishment would be allowed, unit SAA rep would not

Tech_Genius said:
Why the hell would anyone want to wear a skill at arms badge?
It's hardly a difficult course and it's just another one of those things that make Royal Signals soldiers look that much more 'chippy' than everyone else.
It's your personality and professionalism that should impress other soldiers - not the badges you wear!
I wear my RA Signals Instructor Flags with pride as it was the worse 6 weeks of my life and I'm fecking chuffed to have passed the course

However if or when I get made up I won't wear them unless I am the Sig Sgt

Skill at arms rank slides. Whatever next....

You cant have been on many courses then if thats the only one you feel you need to boast about :D

Maybe it's just me but in 25 yrs I've never known anyone, in my unit especially, who wore a qualification/trade etc badge above the rank on their rank slide :? :?

We had our own specific unit rank slides that we had to pay for but it just had the unit name and rank badge on. Besides, If the badge was for a SSgt for example with unit name on there wouldn't be room for anything else!

Why would anyone want to wear a trade/qual badge on their rank slide anyway? other than for "look at me" reasons. Daft idea probably for soldiers too bone idle to get badges sown on correctly. :D

Do they do them with Junior Brecon, SAA Inst, Senior Brecon, Mapric, BCDT Inst, CBRN Inst, SNIPER and Bar on the same slide? (I will forget the rest cannot be arrsed to type them all)

If so can I order one please - plus a bl00dy great epp to put it on!

Probably would not go down too well with the Pips though :)

Like someone said sound knowledge, efficient drills, good example/conduct and good old fashioned character go a long way to gaining 'respect' these days ;-)

Still each to his own I guess!

Cheers

In my unit I have seen crossed flags, rifles and swords but not yet all on one.

I think it is because no more quals on C95 kit.

Yes, it looks tonk but I haven't done any of the courses...

I wonder what the old and bold do with thier German qual badge? I'd buy a beer for them to rock up with a German roundel under their stripe/s!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
REMESpanker84 The Training Wing 17
M The Training Wing 7
squigeypie The NAAFI Bar 7