• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Skill at arms instructors

Is there any other skill at arms instructers within the QAs and if so is there any opportunities to do some instructing to keep the cob webs away and if so anyone got any contacts
cheers

Surely if you are a QA then your are either in a MDHU or a Field Unit and therefore MATTs are completed at these units.

SAA instructors are required for Weapon handling tests are they not and you can also go on the range as safety or RCO.

Maybe you should get along to your training wing and offer your expertise

Hi BP20.

Dirty Andy - try ringing some of your local units - some (especially non infantry) will probably snap your hand off at the offer of a SAA, although I am not SAA I do have some Mil Trg Quals under my belt and am frequently being asked if I can help out with Mil Trg within my Garrison.

Sluice

c0kecan said:
Surely if you are a QA then your are either in a MDHU or a Field Unit and therefore MATTs are completed at these units.

SAA instructors are required for Weapon handling tests are they not and you can also go on the range as safety or RCO.

Im still doing mt uni training hence the reason I posted the questions, thanks for the input though :?

Aunty Stella said:
When was the last time a QA had to use a weapon?
22 September 2004 at approx 0755 on route from SLB to Palace, RPG & small arms round came in vehicle hit with small arms & every man & his dog had a pot shot back!!

Involved a RI PTI, a mad physio woman, myself (QA) in a mini bus plus top cover in a rover (All RAMC).

To be honest may have been a lot more since.

DirtyAndy said:
c0kecan said:

Im still doing mt uni training hence the reason I posted the questions, thanks for the input though :?
Do you not get time off these days while at Uni? I'm sure there must be chance to put your skills to use while at Uni!

Nurseyboy1 said:
Aunty Stella said:
Not being funny, just curious.

Three days ago on ops. static in safwan (excuse spelling) I missed though.
Too busy muttering to yourself:

"Position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon;

The weapon must point naturally at the target without disturbing the position;

Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct; and

The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position."

Now. Where did he go again?

John_Jorrocks said:
Nurseyboy1 said:
Aunty Stella said:

The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position."

Nah, too busy contemplating my ethical dilema. Like fcuk!

DirtyAndy said:
I hear ya pal, im ex signals which is wjy im quald up but i need some instructin time before i go mental
youre a first year student nurse FFS! are you sure that youve taken the correct career path? You should be concentrating on your training not want to get out there and big time it why doing some WHTs!
The AMS is riddled with SAA instructors, RMQ 1-3 & 4-5, why the hell would they need to take a 1st year student nurse out of training to do some instructing? Get a grip.

John_Jorrocks said:
Nurseyboy1 said:
Aunty Stella said:

As a skilies i feel duty bound to pull you up on 2 and 3.

2.The weapon must point naturally at the target without any undue phyical effort
3. Sight alignmemt, sight picture must be correct

If your gonna have your finger on the pulse make sure you know where the pulse is dude

Filbert Fox said:
DirtyAndy said:
I hear ya pal, im ex signals which is wjy im quald up but i need some instructin time before i go mental
youre a first year student nurse FFS! are you sure that youve taken the correct career path? You should be concentrating on your training not want to get out there and big time it why doing some WHTs!
The AMS is riddled with SAA instructors, RMQ 1-3 & 4-5, why the hell would they need to take a 1st year student nurse out of training to do some instructing? Get a grip.
Rightffs. number 1 I aint trying to bigtime it, no need to do, been doing it long enough to appreciate skill fade and tryin to keep on top of it like any good instructor would do, and number 2, concentrate on my tarining!!!!!! are you having a laugh, its not so frikkin hard that I cant take a couple of lessons every month, now do us a favour, pull up a sandbag and a gas lantern next someone young enough to listen to you . CHEERS.

DirtyAndy said:
Rightfuknuts. number 1 I aint trying to bigtime it, no need to do, been doing it long enough to appreciate skill fade and tryin to keep on top of it like any good instructor would do, and number 2, concentrate on my tarining!!!!!! are you having a laugh, its not so frikkin hard that I cant take a couple of lessons every month, now do us a favour, pull up a sandbag and a gas lantern next someone young enough and dumb enough to listen to you BS. CHEERS.
ooh touchy! Since your dumb enough to have your name on your msm link Ive passed on your concerns to your cohort leader, maybe something could be done for you.
Your military experience is so vast Im suprised that your persec is so awful.

Latest Threads