Skill at arms instructors

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by DirtyAndy, Feb 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there any other skill at arms instructers within the QAs and if so is there any opportunities to do some instructing to keep the cob webs away and if so anyone got any contacts
    cheers

2. Not being funny, just curious.

When was the last time a QA had to use a weapon?

3. I hear ya pal, im ex signals which is wjy im quald up but i need some instructin time before i go mental

4. Surely if you are a QA then your are either in a MDHU or a Field Unit and therefore MATTs are completed at these units.

SAA instructors are required for Weapon handling tests are they not and you can also go on the range as safety or RCO.

Maybe you should get along to your training wing and offer your expertise

5. There are QA's with SAA quals - usually end up at ATR's teaching and stuff but there are a few in the Corps!

6. Ive got one working with me - PM me your contact details and i'll get him to chat

HI sluicey xx

7. Hi BP20.

Dirty Andy - try ringing some of your local units - some (especially non infantry) will probably snap your hand off at the offer of a SAA, although I am not SAA I do have some Mil Trg Quals under my belt and am frequently being asked if I can help out with Mil Trg within my Garrison.

Sluice

8. Im still doing mt uni training hence the reason I posted the questions, thanks for the input though :?

9. 22 September 2004 at approx 0755 on route from SLB to Palace, RPG & small arms round came in vehicle hit with small arms & every man & his dog had a pot shot back!!

Involved a RI PTI, a mad physio woman, myself (QA) in a mini bus plus top cover in a rover (All RAMC).

To be honest may have been a lot more since.

10. Do you not get time off these days while at Uni? I'm sure there must be chance to put your skills to use while at Uni!

11. Three days ago on ops. static in safwan (excuse spelling) I missed though.

12. Too busy muttering to yourself:

"Position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon;

The weapon must point naturally at the target without disturbing the position;

Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct; and

The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position."

Now. Where did he go again?

13. Nah, too busy contemplating my ethical dilema. Like fcuk!

14. According to a family member, 303 Manpower Pool are doing their SAA Instructors at the moment...

medics with guns ....god help us all :p

15. Not always, you can conduct WHT's and coaching with just a CMCQ course under your belt.