Skiing thread

For those looking at Finland (for next year), a zipline is due to open in Ruka in July. Ruka Zipline | ruka.fi

Well, season coming to an end. Will probably get 3 or 4 more decent days at Nakiska, then wrap up in Sunshine and Lake Louise. Saying that we did get a huge mountain dump of snow Sunday night Monday morning, with excellent Spring powder! Managed 54 days this season.

D

Deleted 136127

Well, season coming to an end. Will probably get 3 or 4 more decent days at Nakiska, then wrap up in Sunshine and Lake Louise. Saying that we did get a huge mountain dump of snow Sunday night Monday morning, with excellent Spring powder! Managed 54 days this season.

Can I just say I hate you and everyone else that managed to get skiing this year.

I hate you all.

Just saying

We must have upset the ski weather gods to have such perfect conditions we can't use.

Perhaps we could offer up an ARRSE poster as human sacrifice to appease them?

Suggestions on a postcard...

D

Deleted 136127

We must have upset the ski weather gods to have such perfect conditions we can't use.

Perhaps we could offer up an ARRSE poster as human sacrifice to appease them?

Suggestions on a postcard...

Site penis is a thought, but you'd never get to the sacrifice stage as he'd had topped himself before you got him to the sacrificial alter....

Getting ready to drive out to the mountain. Opened last weekend with only upper mountain and limited runs, all mountain skiing this weekend. Open 7 days a week starting on the 26th November!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We’re off to Pyha in Finland in about 3 weeks.

Can’t bloody wait. Although I’ve just realised that both my sprogs have outgrown all their gear since we last went so best get shopping.

I was booked in for the RN ski champs in January but as a cost saving measure the RN have decided to pull most of the financial support for the trip. It’s still happening but now costs about 3 times the usual price. It’s always a good week, but to be honest if I’m gonna spend 1500 quid on a ski trip, there are better places I could go than a resort that’s overrun with a couple of thousand piss head matelots who can’t ski.

Oyibo

LE
Lots of snow in the French Alps at the moment. And so far the bellend Macron has not banned skiing again.

Oyibo

LE
A light sprinkling of snow today in Haute Savoie:

1638225719276.png

PFGEN

GCM
Lots of snow in the French Alps at the moment. And so far the bellend Macron has not banned skiing again.

Give him time. Once he finds out what the other alpine nations have imposed for conditions he'll start issuing decrees. Had planned a long weekend in Switzerland. Now needs 10 days quarantine, sod that. At the weekend the Austrians turned round a bunch of Dutch ski instructors. No need of them as there wouldn't be any foreign tourists.

Oyibo

LE
I thought you were moving back to Blighty?

End of February - in France it is a minimum of 3 months to sell a property after one has signed an agreement ('Compromis de Vente').

Give him time. Once he finds out what the other alpine nations have imposed for conditions he'll start issuing decrees. Had planned a long weekend in Switzerland. Now needs 10 days quarantine, sod that. At the weekend the Austrians turned round a bunch of Dutch ski instructors. No need of them as there wouldn't be any foreign tourists.

That's very bad news indeed.

Who_Dat

Clanker
End of February - in France it is a minimum of 3 months to sell a property after one has signed an agreement ('Compromis de Vente').
It depends where you live. I've done an Acte de vente ten days after a Compromis with the help of a contact in the Mairie who rubber stamped the pre-emption. It helps when both parties have no sale conditions. Can't do it now as pre-emptions have to go to our prefecture with a two month wait for a response.

Booked for Austria mid Jan and then Italy for end of Feb start March. Keeping fingers crossed we’ll be able to go especially as the conditions in Austria at the moment are some of the best early season for ages. Great base and the resort cannons have been topping the natural up beautifully.
Genuinely haven’t been this excited about a trip for decades

The Swiss 10-day quarantine reg was overturned last week. That’s one down, but check practically day by day.
Anything Federal is discussed on a Thursday and announced Thursday night or Friday.
However, Bern has handed emergency measures back to cantonal authorities, so rules differ from one canton to another.
We live in a ski resort in the Jura. We’ve had 2ft + of fresh snow in the last 24h and our lifts and ski de fond trail open tomorrow . The floodlit piste behind our gaff opens tonight.

Latest Threads