Skiing in Scotland

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by brettarider, Jan 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone been skiing yet this year? I wasp at Glencoe on Sunday perfect conditions and not very busy. Have heard than Cairngorm has been packed out with traffic jams trying to get there

2. How on earth did you manage to half inch a pair of Skis in Ayrshire??

Or are they really just barrel staves?

3. Been thinking about looking online at skiing holidays abroad - Scotland's too far for me for a weekend. No doubt the tv will be showing the pistes full over the weekend - lucky people.

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Scottish Skiing, otherwise know as 'Rock Hopping' or 'Mud Skipping' dependant upon the time of year.

5. Had to hop over an odd rock but apart from that it's been really good making the most of it!

Sparky wind yer neck in your only jealous you've only got a bin bag to side on down the local park

6. You should post that in the Old n Bold thread ya cheeky cnut ye!!! :D

7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bin bags are for amateurs, get yourself a good feedsack, much stronger plastic!

On a more serious note, it's the usual problem as I remember from many years ago, good snow but not so good access to the slopes due to said snow on the roads!

8. Skis? What's wrong with the bonnet off a stolen Mondeo?

9. Attached Files:

10. Been up the A82 twice since the cold weather and found it to be fine

This is a better report for the slopes

11. Just back from the Nevis range today excellent you can ski over the full mountain and down to the car park which would give you a couple of miles of a run. More snow due later in the week.

Seriously get your arrse's up once in 10 year snow conditions which should extend the season by a fair few weeks

12. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Another useful website to look up before you go.

http://www.sais.gov.uk/

The Scottish Avalanche Information Service