ski instuctors can you help

Can anyone shed any light on what equipment i need to order and take ski touring with me.

I am interest on the items i need to order from loan pool stores at bicester, i am going to get ski tour profeciency.

thanks

no i am organising the exped and need to order the equipment from bicester loan pool stores, but there is no set list you order what you want i just need to know what i actually need. If that makes sense.

smudge67 said:
I'd recommend some skis :) Ski boots :) warm clothes :)
And maybe some ski poles..... :roll:

I have a copy of the catalogue but its not that easy. It actually just lists lots of different stuff that you could use, i need to know what i need to order out of the whole catalogue.

cheers anyway

Alsacien

LE
gunit said:
Can anyone shed any light on what equipment i need to order and take ski touring with me.

I am interest on the items i need to order from loan pool stores at bicester, i am going to get ski tour profeciency.

thanks
Touring skis with articulated bindings - don't accept anything old.
Touring boots (not ski boots) - insulation appropriate to the area.
Skins, make sure they are new'ish - (for going uphill).
Poles with large baskets.
Touring brain bucket that suits eyewear.
Goggs for bad conditions, glacier glasses for sunshine.
Clothing - you can figure that for yourself I am sure.
High factor sun block and lip balm.
Avalanche kit: personal location device, search device (at least 2 per group), probe, shovel - if you are rich the "airbag" rucksacs.
Depending on the route - basic climbing/safety gear: >30mtrs of 6mm rope, harness, belay device and a few crabs, cords etc. Crampons and ice axe again depending on route.
GPS with track back.

And don't forget a large pair of gonads.... :D

If you need more specifics let me know, otherwise enjoy!

gunit said:
I have a copy of the catalogue but its not that easy. It actually just lists lots of different stuff that you could use, i need to know what i need to order out of the whole catalogue.

cheers anyway
goto a ski forum online, as the type of ski length depends on the weight & sex on the person on it.

Or ask another Regiment's Ski Officer for help and advice

Latest Threads