SKA

Desmond Dekker - The Isrealites.
Beat that dudes.

Lets get serious now chaps..

Guns of Navarone - The Skatalites
Simmer Down - Bob Marley
Big City, Bright Lights - Dandy Livingstone
Skinhead a message to you - Desmond Riley
Red Red Wine - Tony Tribe ( not the god awful UB40 cover !!)
Fattie Fattie - Clancey Eccles
Wreck a buddy - The Soul Sisters

" Cos the originals are still the greatest"

It's such a shame that Ska ( progressing to 2 Tone) was hijacked by the Nazis at an early stage in the UK. It then became Rock Steady and morphed into mainstream Reggae, which was only saved by The Lord Bob Marley and others, such as Burning Spear.

This thread might herald a revival of real Ska, who knows?

MsG

Very commercial but superb in my book
Specials .......... Do Nothing
Specials............Gangsters
Rupee Edwards...Eyrie Feelings (gollocks to the spell thingy)
Lena Zavaroni..... Ma he's making eyes at me
Barry Biggs ........ Side show
Selector..............On my radio

$ Bodysnatchers? Great chick band - Life could be so easy....brill

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
No one's mentioned Toots and the Maytals! Broadway Jungle, 54-46 Was My Number and their version of Louie Louie were all classics!

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - faith healer.- not SKA but still ....mad, and fugging awesome too.

RP578 said:
No one's mentioned Toots and the Maytals! Broadway Jungle, 54-46 Was My Number and their version of Louie Louie were all classics!
My bold- Awesome track!

And of course - Symarip - Skinhead Moonstomp.......... Jeez...I feel 30 years younger already!!

menacingboots said:
And of course - Symarip - Skinhead Moonstomp.......... Jeez...I feel 30 years younger already!!
Excellent. The Specials did a good version of it too.

Reggae Got Soul - Toots & The Maytals.
Not strictly Ska, I know, but the most awesome reggae track ever IMHO & would feature on my playlist every time.
Good drills on Israelites too. Desmond Dekker was the guv'nor, remember that track being released in the 60s - when music was quality & nothing like the poo that gets into the charts now :)