Ska band, Northen Soul and Mod Disco. Dunstable Bedfordshire

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by DieHard, Sep 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Just a quick one for all you oldies out there who like this music, Dunstable ex servicemans club is holding a Mod and Northen Soul night with a 7 piece ska band doing covers of Madness,Specials, The Beat etc,etc its on the 7 sept at the ex servicemans club High Street South Dunstable.
  2. All aboard the train to Skasville...err..Dunstable!

If only it were a bit closer, would love to have gone.
  3. Still Party town (for some bizarre reason) anyone remember the California, Pink Elephant.....
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

California ballroom by any chance?
    The dj is Sid Hudson from cali r.
  5. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

California Ballrooms? brilliant...should have been in the thread about formative years! A few pints in The Windsock first!
  6. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

7. Yep, I'm 45 so really shouldn't be that old enough to remember it but I did go.... I knew someone at School who had their birthday disco held there in the early 80's just before it was pulled down.
  8. It doesn.t have a train station, so you.ll be lucky.

MEANWHILE OP, a bit more notice would be helpful.
  9. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

I only found out yesterday, but the local rag says its gonna be a regular event so soon as I here of the next one I will post it. Anyway it looks like I'm gonna miss it now I was told this afternoon that I need to have an urgent angiograme they wanted me to stay after outpatients.
    bugger :mad:
  10. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Sod hospital, I have my desert boots on levi 501 jeans and a nice Ben Sherman shirt. Its time to pretend I'm 30 years younger. :cool:
  11. Sounds awesome, but alas am overseas. If it is going to be a regular event, I'll be there next time I'm home. Got a new Fred Perry polo shirt to wear too......

A quick review of the evening would be good if anyone here is going.

12. Ahhh Dumbfuckstable. We had a platoon there.

I had lunch in the Wetherspoons there a few weeks ago. Full of sexy chavvy single mum types with prams and lit L&Bs. I loved it.

I walked the Sewell cut across the downs. Beautiful.

I lived in Caddington when I was training. Great walks.

Bedfordshire is Britain's most underrated county.

13. Got mine all hung up in the wardrobe.... one pink, one yellow BS, sadly the 501's are now a 38 waist, not a 28 waist

Was in Primark last winter.... they were selling off those flimsy desert boots you got in the 60's, paper thin suede, but really comfy, for about £3 a pair.... got 6 pairs.
  14. Watched SoulBoy last week, reminded me what nutters the northern soul scene were. Love to go but it's a long way to walk back from, which for some reason I do every time

I'll stick the tonic suit on and do a bit of toe tapping in your honour
  15. Oh yes, this sounded good. Alas I only picked it up today so yes please, keep us posted on next event.

Also hope everything went well for with your angiograme matter.