SJARS

A 'B' is good enough to go to the board, but in our modern times take it from me not even an 'A-' will get you promoted.....

Sorry to be disheartening!

Postmanpat11 said:
A 'B' is good enough to go to the board, but in our modern times take it from me not even an 'A-' will get you promoted.....

Sorry to be disheartening!
Surely it depends on trade and Corps?

Where I work B has been good enough to get promoted in the past (and I definitely hope A- is good enough as that is exactly what I just got!)

Tubs

A badly written A is a badly written report.

A well written B is good enough for promotion.

It's not the grade that gets you to the board it's the recommendation.

Deathfromabove said:
How does the new system work is a B good enough to go to the board??
Shut up, it's a Saturday.

The_Snail said:
Deathfromabove said:
What's the matter sluggy?

HAVE YOU GOT A HANGOVER?

The_Duke said:
And so the grade inflation begins again.....
It shouldn't, because the system now permits the CoC to monitor the distribution of grades, which was always impossible with a paper system. In theory, at least, CO 1 Blankshires can now be directly advised by MS that 100 "O" grades for LCpls from his Bn is a little over the top!

How that will work in practise is beyond me, but I have already noticed that ROs are much more circumspect about awarding anything other than a B - me included! :cry:

As has already been mentioned, it is the script that is important - not the grade.

Litotes

dingerr said:
The_Snail said:
Deathfromabove said:

HAVE YOU GOT A HANGOVER?
No, you are just a cock, and I generally try to help people that need it. You obviously need help from the Priory, and although I am good, I am not that good.

Taken your face for a shite yet?

(Hi Lits xx)

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
The_Snail said:
dingerr said:
The_Snail said:
Deathfromabove said:

HAVE YOU GOT A HANGOVER?
No, you are just a cock, and I generally try to help people that need it. You obviously need help from the Priory, and although I am good, I am not that good.

Taken your face for a shite yet?

(Hi Lits xx)
You out drinking last Snail?

Who are you, the fucking police? :roll: :roll: :wink:

do one, hermer.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Can I join in!

Irrespective of grade, did your 2nd RO say you were in the top third? Board members pay little attention to grades but what your CO or 2RO writes. Boards run on average three candidates for every vacancy. If your 2RO says "top third", you're in with a chance of picking up. If he says you're middle third, you might just make it. If you're "bottom third", do not pass go and collect £200. Bear in mind that a Board may have to score between 150 - 200 Cpls on a Board. The may have time to read your latest SJAR but they might just go straight to COs comments for your latest SJAR and prior 2048's. Overgrading is still a problem hence why the written word is crucial.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Litotes Army Pay, Claims & JPA 2
redwhiteandblue Reports & Promotion 20
MrTracey Reports & Promotion 22