Sjar

Advice please.
I have just had my sjar which says how good and bad I am on the basis that I did not read my mpar when given to me by my staffy. The reason I didn’t read is because I knew what was in it based on the romours and down the line I was shown by another staffy after I complained regarding grading board.
The excuse for them grading me lower third is that I did not read my mpar. I printed out my last 3 sjars plus an insert which strongly recommended me for promotion. All the three said must promote NOW. The answers from my oc ‘s why I did not come off the board was that I missed by half point three years in a row. So you could imagine my moral when I get a staffy trying to tell me the same thing I have heard 6 times . My question is, can I argue out why the report is saying that i am not ready for promotion while clearly I have heard 3+ sjars strongly recommending.

Advice please.
I have just had my sjar which says how good and bad I am on the basis that I did not read my mpar when given to me by my staffy. The reason I didn’t read is because I knew what was in it based on the romours and down the line I was shown by another staffy after I complained regarding grading board.
The excuse for them grading me lower third is that I did not read my mpar. I printed out my last 3 sjars plus an insert which strongly recommended me for promotion. All the three said must promote NOW. The answers from my oc ‘s why I did not come off the board was that I missed by half point three years in a row. So you could imagine my moral when I get a staffy trying to tell me the same thing I have heard 6 times . My question is, can I argue out why the report is saying that i am not ready for promotion while clearly I have heard 3+ sjars strongly recommending.
Your MPAR has points that you needed to improve on; you didn’t read it because you thought that listening to rumours would be sufficient?

Hmm...

I didn’t read it because it was based on lies. The person giving it to me has been in the unit less than 2 months. I know I should have contested it but I was just fed up after being highly recommended 4 times in a row and coming second on top of the platoon and still didn’t promote. Re

I didn’t read it because it was based on lies. The person giving it to me has been in the unit less than 2 months. I know I should have contested it but I was just fed up after being highly recommended 4 times in a row and coming second on top of the platoon and still didn’t promote. Re
How do you know what was actually in it then?

I’ve seen people who have been recommended several times then take a dip in performance and no longer be worthy, or remain worthy and other people upped their game and come ahead of them in the Pl/Company rankings.

If you feel aggrieved, then put in a Service Complaint with your evidence.

Why would you contest an MPar? They tell you where you need to improve.

If you feel aggrieved, then put in a Service Complaint with your evidence.
Based on what he written I doubt an SC will get far, didnt read (and so didn't action) the points on his Mpar so quite rightly didn't promote.

Based on what he written I doubt an SC will get far, didnt read (and so didn't action) the points on his Mpar so quite rightly didn't promote.
Oh, I agree - however given the (admittedly slim) chance that the report is actually ‘based on lies’ then he may as well have a bash.

From what has been written it would seem that revisiting the Core Values might be worth a few moments of their time IOT understand, in some way, as to why they didn't pick up.
The fact the MPAR wasn't read highlights the individuals apparent inability to understand that they are the driving force to their own career progression.
Not to say that, on occasion, the system doesn't seem to work.
In simple terms. SC or stop moaning.

Advice please.
First of all you need to remember the three cardinal rules of MS:
1. The needs of the Army come first.
2. The odds of any Board are you are competing against at least one soldier who is better than you.
3. Your performance can go down as well as up.

What this means in practice is that, regardless of what your own reports say, the Army will pick the soldiers it thinks will perform the best at the next rank (and often the one beyond) based on what is written in the whole report. Well, why wouldn't they?

Further, you are failing to take into account the 'hidden evidence'. In other words, if all reports going in front of the Board say 'must promote now', then the Board members will be looking for something else to sort the wheat from the chaff. Maybe the real advantage everyone else has over you is that they don't have something like "...dismisses constructive criticism" (or a coded version thereof) in their SJARs. You won't get a really accurate picture unless you get all the reports together...and that's not likely to happen.

Feel free to seek redress, launch an SC or go toe-to-toe with your detractor, but before you embark on a crusade of self-entitled indignation, why not consider the possibility that they might actually have a point. Swallow your pride and talk to them about what you need to do to get that extra half-point.