SJAR help

Discussion in 'Reports & Promotion' started by stackon, Sep 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This may seem strange, but, I am serving in a remote post (embassy) and would like to know when the SJAR needs to be completed for a SSgt (me)? Also, I and my CoC have no access whatsoever to JPA and therefore how does the SJAR get completed correctly? Have been out of the loop for a while and have only really dealt with the old CR system, apart from my last SJAR that was emailed to me from a previous unit (Private email address). It will be a normal 12 month SJAR so nothing to special.

Just trying to find info out where I am can be patchy at the best of times so any assistance/guidence is appreciated.

Thanks, in advance

2. JPA allows for individuals with no or limited access to the system by using the 'NSAR'. I think the NS stands for non-standard but am probably wrong. Anyway, its basically a Word Doc that can be emailed or printed. It uses the same format and principles as the SJAR inclduing reporting times etc. I suggest you, your CoC gets hold of a copy of the relavent JSP (747?) and bones up on it.

3. Okay, it's JSP 757 that you need. It's available from armynet (just type jsp 757 in the search box and click on the MS Word doc link).

There's chapters and verse on NSARs and reporting 'offline and outside of JPA'. It also gives reporting dates for each rank grouping.

Apparently, SSgts reporting periods' end on 30 Sep and reports are then due at APC by the end of Nov.

4. Presumably, if at a remote location (Staff Asst by any chance?), you are administered by the Global RAO at Glasgow, why not just ask them for advice, rather than have your lack of knowledge displayed on here for all to see?

5. As Grumpy has correctly highlighted, you will be parented by a GLOBAL RAO but which GLOBAL (Glasgow, Innsworth.....) is down to which location (UIN) you are serving in.

I would suggest that you drop your respective GLOBAL an email to ascertain why your NSAR hasn't been generated yet. They seem to have their fingers on the pulse 8O

6. Cheers, for the replies, have found out the info I now need. GG, you really live up to your name, remember there is a life and career out of the mainstream army where info is not always at your fingertips :roll: .

7. Been there, done remote locations, got the T-shirt and managed perfectly well before Arrse was even a twinkle in an eye............. but good luck with your SJAR in any case

8. Global RAO is now based at RTMC Chilwell not Glasgow - as previously pointed out they are responsible for all your admin including SJAR

PW