• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

SJAR Complaint

Could someone please help me with some questions I have about the process of SJAR'S
1. who gets the end say on your overall grade?
2. if you disagree with your grade and have asked for a re dress if it comes back still not what you agree with can you ask for a second redress?
3. if the R01 Comments something and the R02 diragrees can he make the Ro1 change or delete the comment or should he put the disagreement in the R02 Section?
4. Personal relationships Shouldn't effect your performance or potential Grading or write up?
5. if you get 6 A+ and 6 A what should the overall grade be?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nice persec using what looks like as your service number?
Have to be one hell of an old soldier to have a number starting 23! I joined in 1966 and mine starts 24.

Could someone please help me with some questions I have about the process of SJAR'S
1. who gets the end say on your overall grade?
2. if you disagree with your grade and have asked for a re dress if it comes back still not what you agree with can you ask for a second redress?
3. if the R01 Comments something and the R02 diragrees can he make the Ro1 change or delete the comment or should he put the disagreement in the R02 Section?
4. Personal relationships Shouldn't effect your performance or potential Grading or write up?
5. if you get 6 A+ and 6 A what should the overall grade be?
It’s a subjective assessment by you LM. Unless it is outright incorrect or missing something major out you don’t really have a leg to stand on. One thing to look at is your MPAR. Does this support or conflict against your SJAR. Also, you don’t want to peak when you are outside of the promotion bracket.

It’s a subjective assessment by you LM. Unless it is outright incorrect or missing something major out you don’t really have a leg to stand on. One thing to look at is your MPAR. Does this support or conflict against your SJAR. Also, you don’t want to peak when you are outside of the promotion bracket.
No MPAR given

SJARs were never a solo effort.

I wrote all of them as a Troopy, my Troop Staffy would red pen them all and ‘suggest’ improvements.

They were all then taking in front of the Sqn grading ‘board’, where the OC and everyone of note would talk about them to ensure they were correct, and that the grades made sense in the SQn pecking order.

Anyone the OC thought had a shot at promotion would be scrutinized to ensure the grades and the write ups correlated.

All those going onwards were checked again further up the chain.

There will be a box at the top of the report for the MPAR date. If you haven't had an MPAR ensure that a date does not show in there.
Not having an MPAR can leave the reporting chain open for any disagreements you have.
Bad admin by the reporting chain as they are required and your 1RO should know that.

I was told to tick that box, that's why I asked about not having one because I was told to
, does that leave me up the creek without a paddle?

You can redress the wording but the grade is difficult and part of a bigger picture. Is the wording poor or incorrect?
The wording is ok from my RO1 but I complain that things were left out and it wasn't a true reflection......I was told "I only have a small space, there not enough room to right everything"

There isn’t room for war and peace, but there should be plenty of room for the narrative to cover all the important stuff.