Size 0 Models to blame for womens Self Esteem

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Sid_Ruff, Nov 29, 2009.

?
  1. Magazine's Fault

15.5%
  2. Model's Fault

2.8%
  3. Women's Fault (for buying the magazines!)

81.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As Kate Moss continues to catch flak for saying "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels", do you think it is the fault of the fashion world for perpetuating the size 0 figure, the models for looking that way or for the women that continue to buy the magazines in the first place?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Airbrushed-Pictures-Of-Models-Again-Blamed-For-Womens-Increasingly-Poor-Self-Esteem/Article/200911415471304?lpos=UK_News_Third_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region__6&lid=ARTICLE_15471304_Airbrushed_Pictures_Of_Models_Again_Blamed_For_Womens_Increasingly_Poor_Self-Esteem

2. Are there any skinny women in the UK?

All I see is fat fuckers everywhere.

3. I wonder if any airbrushing goes on with all these geezers you see in magazines like "Men's Health" and such. Although I don't recall any fellas remarking that their self-esteem suffered a drop when they thumb through them. So maybe it's just a female thing? It does seem strange that they'd let themselves be influenced by stuff like that, though, especially when they can be certain that piccies they see in magazines have been "smartened up" a bit.

MsG

4. Sizes 0 might feel great for the model but you need a bit of cushion for the pushin' when making love. Plus anorexic birds don't have any boobs or arrse and look like Xylophones.

5. I blame the Clothes Designers - they want to dress Size 0 models.
    Which then has a knock on effect in the magazines women read.
    So what you have today is women who are either Size 0 or Size 16/18 with not many inbetween. Either way Yes, women's self esteem is affected, it is a cause and effect situation.

Of course I'm a Size 8/10 (sometimes a Size 12) depends on whether I've seen any Fashion Shows; read a magazine; need to swim my work frustrations out of my system; or that chocolate cake said "eat me".

6. How do you get a fat bird into bed??

Piece of cake!

7. It's beyond me really. Is your self-esteem affected when you watch a Disney Classic? Or when you look at a painting? Don't you have any real people in your life you can relate to? Do you use Glossy as the standard to value your self esteem? In short; do you and all those other affected women lack a life?

All this tripe about size 0 models causing low self esteem is utter bull. It's public knowledge pictures in mags are airbrushed, photoshopped and manipulated to create a perfect picture. They are as close to reality as f*cking santa living on the North Pole. Only empty airheads without a life and self esteem are affected.

8. It's a smokescreen. Pictures in magazines don't affect their self-esteem, the knowledge that they are grotesquely fat and therefore hideously ugly does. And rightly so.

At most, magazines hold a mirror up to their state. Perhaps if they used a few more real mirrors with an honest eye then they wouldn't need to feel so bad about themselves.

9. Greggs and Cadburys have more effect on women's self esteem. If you don't want to be a fat blob then lay off the food. Simple as.

10. Id rather see a size 0 female walking in front of me wearing high heels & very short mini skirt instead of those fatty size 18+ female wodeling about wearing those trailer trash legging things... call it what you will but fat females look repulsively gross. Very skinny females are a bit too erm vain.. but a size 6-10 female is perfect & all females should aim to meet perfection. :hump:

11. Afraid not. Couple of studies I read a while back found that magazines like Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, and the others were having a somewhat similar effect - rather than just being about fat young guys were becoming fixated on having the perfect physique which was driving an upturn in the use of steroids and unhealthy behaviour in the pursuit of it. Not on the scale of women and the Size 0 thing but it's there. I'll try and dig them up.

12. If it gets the fat birds on a diet and off the streets, good news i say.

13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Its the usual whining that its someone elses fault. Fat birds have low self esteem because they are gready and to idle to exercise. I agree with Stan, sad fcukers with no life.

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I thought that was how you liked them - as per your avatar 8)

Anyway, the Poll should be "Women - who should not believe all they read"

15. Another trip to the cellar then??