@Sixty - Is he still licking his wounds from yesterday's meltdown??

Friend of mine worked for the council and said the SOP for checking the chutes in tower blocks, after clearing them (again), was to drop an empty milk bottle down the chute. You could hear when it hit the paladin bin at the bottom.

Not a lot of people know that.
Very interesting, I had never heard of a Paladin bin and had to look it up on Google, I thought it was a French Knight. Every day is a school day. Is there no end of things to learn about bins?

I don't think the 14th Army took many prisoners, should we send the SIB to the Star and Garter?
I remember back when I first joined this forum, that I crossed swords with one of the moderators called cpunk.
I posted (mistakenly back then) that I had read that there was an unofficial order issued, that the troops were not to take prisoners in the first 24 hours of the invasion, because Allied Commanders were worried about prisoners tying up manpower.
This particular ex officer (I believe) moderator slagged me off no end, and gave me my first ever RoPs.
Mistakenly, I thought that I had read it in one of Max Hastings books.
I was mistaken. I hadn't read it in a book. I had learned about it from a documentary.
It was then that it all came back to me.
I had originally seen it in a BBC produced documentary for the 50th anniversary of the landings, made back in 1994.
I know this because a few years back, I happened to find the documentary on youtube.
I'll see if I can find it.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Straight to the point and in your usual erudite fashion. I find the concise encapsulation of your description a study in its hard-hitting nature yet totally subjective of its intended target. One must congratulate you sir!

Straight to the point and in your usual erudite fashion. I find the concise encapsulation of your description a study in its hard-hitting nature yet totally subjective of its intended target. One must congratulate you sir!
You're easily impressed sir. Are you also a cheap date too? ;-)

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No photo description available.

Honesty is everything

Maybe so but he is spot on. Mods are an easy target and while it is kept jokey then they go along with it (well the ones with a sense of humour do!).

We are very lucky on Arrse that the Owners not only condone robust discussion but require it but sometimes posters go over the score and that needs moderation. Remember it is the Mong post that causes the reaction not the Mod.

Mods also have a set of unwritten rules and if they overstep their mark then the COs bin them - it has happened.

This site is one of the few on the whole t'interweb that allows posters such freedoms. All we are asked to do is self moderate and keep to the site and forum guidelines. It is really quite simple.

Oh, BTW, Sixty is a great guy to have a beer with and has been very free in his moderation to date. He is of course allowed an opinion, which I do my best to supply him with.

You seem to be the most stupid, blind to the facts given and blindly sticking to a point that's been proven wrong by lots of people.
Yet still you try to claim you are right and everyone else is wrong.
When you're in a hole up to your neck stop digging.
Yawn.

It's hardly my fault that the education system let you down so badly.

Bottom line for me is as a mod, like any post with a bit of responsibility, you need to excercise that responsibility & in this case lead by example. If the site crayonists & others see a mod behaving like an utter bellend in their posts, they will invariably do the same & standards drop.

Basic management/leadership really.
Paging @ugly

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

JackSofty

Old-Salt
Very interesting, I had never heard of a Paladin bin and had to look it up on Google, I thought it was a French Knight. Every day is a school day. Is there no end of things to learn about bins?
I thought that it was a U.S. publishing house which regularly circulated printed matter guaranteed to blow up or otherwise end the lives of readers trying to construct home made firearms, ordnance, chemical weapons or other shoddily ‘designed’ crud?

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

I thought that it was a U.S. publishing house which regularly circulated printed matter guaranteed to blow up or otherwise end the lives of readers trying to construct home made firearms, ordnance, chemical weapons or other shoddily ‘designed’ crud?

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds
Blimey Readers Digest is a lot more edgy than when my mum was reading it

Latest Threads