@Sixty - Is he still licking his wounds from yesterday's meltdown??

Yet the people that don't want Brexit are also in a minority. It just happens that the pro-Brexit minority is bigger than the anti-Brexit minority.
Correct.

The Brexitfaces are in a minority of the population.

Yet they, and the politicians, speak and behave as though there's some kind of national groundswell of Brexittyness.

Sorry, you can't take "don't care" as being opposed, the only rational assumption you can take about the non voters is that they're content to go with what the majority votes for, if they weren't they would vote, by implication that means they support Brexit not oppose it if you insist on implying anything by their choice not to vote. Being sensible you can only ignore them completely, not try to use them to flesh out a futile argument.
Your argument has no legs, it would do your peace of mind some good to actually think about the logic.

Erm.... you're responding to something I didn't say.

Tyk

LE
Erm.... you're responding to something I didn't say.
Not at all, you keep saying that a minority voted for Brexit, yet in 3 public votes (arguably 4 as the 2017 GE every major party stood on a respect the referendum result manifesto) a clear majority of those that voted, voted for Brexit in some shape or form. You keep on trying to make the case that the non voters did not consent to Brexit which is a silly argument.

As I said the only logical implication that can be drawn as to the wishes of the non voting percentage of the electorate is that they were/are content to go along with the result of the votes (or they would have voted), therefore consent is implied and your argument is invalid.

There's light at the end of the tunnel?

Phew, I was just making a noose...
The light is because the tunnel is on fire, no need for a noose.

Not at all, you keep saying that a minority voted for Brexit, yet in 3 public votes (arguably 4 as the 2017 GE every major party stood on a respect the referendum result manifesto) a clear majority of those that voted, voted for Brexit in some shape or form.

Labour will give the
people the final say
on Brexit. Within three
months of coming
to power, a Labour
government will secure
a sensible deal. And
within six months, we
will put that deal to a
public vote alongside
the option to remain.
A Labour government
will implement whatever
the people decide.....

That's what Labour said in the vote t'other week.

The Lob Dums:

Every vote for the Liberal Democrats is a vote to stop Brexit and stay in the European Union.

Scottish Traitors?

Escape from Brexit
Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU
but has been completely ignored by Westminster
and our interests have been trampled over
throughout the entire process. This is unacceptable.
There is no way that Brexit will be done in the next
few months. Instead it will go on for years as the UK
has to try to negotiate trade agreements with the
EU and countries around the world.
We will work with others across Scotland and the
UK to escape from Brexit. In a UK context, we will
support a second EU referendum with Remain on
the ballot paper. And if it is the only alternative to
a ‘no deal’ Brexit, we will support the revocation of
Article 50.
Whatever Scotland’s constitutional status it is
important for the UK to remain as close to the
EU as possible. SNP MPs will always vote to
protect Scotland’s place in the single market
and customs union.

Terrorist Shiners?

Sinn Féin did not support Brexit and since the EU referendum in 2016 has campaigned for Northern Ireland to have what it calls "designated special status" within the EU, as well as strongly opposing a hard border in Ireland.

In practice, this special status would see Northern Ireland remain within - or very closely aligned with - the EU.

Party president Mary Lou McDonald previously said Boris Johnson's deal was a "least worst option" which would "only mitigate the worst effects of Brexit".

Its manifesto pledges on Brexit include:

• Oppose Brexit...
Sheepshaggers?

...we are campaigning for a final say Referendum in which Plaid will vote for remain

That lot between them got more votes than the Tories.

You keep on trying to make the case that the non voters did not consent to Brexit which is a silly argument.
You're right. That is a silly argument. We live in a democracy where it's common, normal even, for a minority to gain authority.

That's not my argument.

My argument is that Brexit is supported by a minority, and language indicating that the Leave victory implies overwhelming support is simply wrong.

A minority support Brexit.

Labour will give the
people the final say
on Brexit. Within three
months of coming
to power, a Labour
government will secure
a sensible deal. And
within six months, we
will put that deal to a
public vote alongside
the option to remain.
A Labour government
will implement whatever
the people decide.....

That's what Labour said in the vote t'other week.

The Lob Dums:

Every vote for the Liberal Democrats is a vote to stop Brexit and stay in the European Union.

Scottish Traitors?

Escape from Brexit
Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU
but has been completely ignored by Westminster
and our interests have been trampled over
throughout the entire process. This is unacceptable.
There is no way that Brexit will be done in the next
few months. Instead it will go on for years as the UK
has to try to negotiate trade agreements with the
EU and countries around the world.
We will work with others across Scotland and the
UK to escape from Brexit. In a UK context, we will
support a second EU referendum with Remain on
the ballot paper. And if it is the only alternative to
a ‘no deal’ Brexit, we will support the revocation of
Article 50.
Whatever Scotland’s constitutional status it is
important for the UK to remain as close to the
EU as possible. SNP MPs will always vote to
protect Scotland’s place in the single market
and customs union.

Terrorist Shiners?

Sinn Féin did not support Brexit and since the EU referendum in 2016 has campaigned for Northern Ireland to have what it calls "designated special status" within the EU, as well as strongly opposing a hard border in Ireland.

In practice, this special status would see Northern Ireland remain within - or very closely aligned with - the EU.

Party president Mary Lou McDonald previously said Boris Johnson's deal was a "least worst option" which would "only mitigate the worst effects of Brexit".

Its manifesto pledges on Brexit include:

• Oppose Brexit...

Sheepshaggers?

...we are campaigning for a final say Referendum in which Plaid will vote for remain

That lot between them got more votes than the Tories.

You're right. That is a silly argument. We live in a democracy where it's common, normal even, for a minority to gain authority.

That's not my argument.

My argument is that Brexit is supported by a minority, and language indicating that the Leave victory implies overwhelming support is simply wrong.

A minority support Brexit.
1.jpg

Kirkz

LE
Mostly dribble.
At every vote leave won.
That means the majority voted leave on at least 3 if not 4 occasions.
Keep adding up all the other votes to get the answer you want doesn't work.

It's like trying to explain an airport to a cat.
I've managed to explain second breakfast to a cat, now it thinks it's a hobbit

It'll be demanding 'taters' next

ACAB

LE
Precisely my point. A majority of the electorate either oppose Brexit or dont care.

A minority, enough to gain victory in the GE and referendum, support it.

I'm surprised it's so difficult for so many Brexit supporters, given how a number of them aren't thick, to grasp this.
What the Fuck don't you understand Moron? The MAJORITY voted to LEAVE the EU, the MAJORITY voted CONSERVATIVE at the last General Election.

Knob jockey!!

What the **** don't you understand Moron? The MAJORITY voted to LEAVE the EU, the MAJORITY voted CONSERVATIVE at the last General Election.

Knob jockey!!

No they didn't, bell end.

I know the rozzers have low educational requirements, mate, but presumably doing sums is still a thing? No?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I know the rozzers have low educational requirements, mate, but presumably doing sums is still a thing? No?
Jeez, you are a boring one-trick pony.

Kirkz

LE

I've got scratched records that just keep repeating the same few words.

Latest Threads