Sixth sense , de-ja-vu , call it what you will

My brother in law comes from Irish parentage and when he's had a few drinks, talks complete shite. Consequently I stop drinking and without fail, as I stare at him he gradually changes shape into a huge talking anus.

Is this some sort of premonition? or am I suffering from Delirium Tremens?

A

Aleegee1698

My brother in law comes from Irish parentage and when he's had a few drinks, talks complete shite. Consequently I stop drinking and without fail, as I stare at him he gradually changes shape into a huge talking anus.

Is this some sort of premonition? or am I suffering from Delirium Tremens?
You are suffering from severe delirium. Try to match his pace at the bar, when both of you are talking the same amount of shite, who cares?

You are suffering from severe delirium. Try to match his pace at the bar, when both of you are talking the same amount of shite, who cares?

Thanks, but I tried that and finished up fisting him.

....but seriously folks. Anyone else (and I know a lot of you will recognise this) feel that you are being looked at, turn and see someone, not necessarily in your periphery, looking at you? Is that a 6th sense?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
....but seriously folks. Anyone else (and I know a lot of you will recognise this) feel that you are being looked at, turn and see someone, not necessarily in your periphery, looking at you? Is that a 6th sense?
no, thats just perfectly normal paranoia. ;)

It's only paranoia if they aren't all out to get you. I know they are and my instincts tell me to get them first. They all know it and are afraid.

That's my curse.

That's my nightmare.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
paranoia is it's own reward.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Dunno. As six foot four inches of muscle and blood, walking like I mean it and holding Teddy, people look at me. I could give a shit.

Many years ago I was hooked up with an Australian bird and we was driving up through Cheddar Gorge in her VW convertable on a sunny day with the roof down. When suddenly the heavens opened. It pissed down and soaked us. 3" of water in the footwells. We got to the top of the gorge and rolled into a pub giggling.

Next day we got back to London. And she found out that her sister in Australia had drowned around about the time we got soaked. That still makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

paranoia is it's own reward.
I used to hate it when I played rugger and they all went into a scrum.

I just fucking knew that they were talking about me.

Mods , if its been done before then to the hole .......

On the way home tonight I took my normal route and was driving almost on auto-pilot when something either in my head or at least from my thoughts told me to slow down as I took the next corner.... even stranger was that I lifted off the throttle and took the next left hand bend about 30mph slower than usual ..... If I hadn't then I would now be either in hospital or dead.... some numpty was doing an overtake on a blind bend. As it was I had time to slow, mount the verge and miss the bugger.
Apart from the normal road rage type thoughts it set me thinking ...... what , who , or why did i slow down ?

I must admit its not the first time such an incident has happened and I do take notice of such "feelings" for want of a better word.... and they are nearly always right , is this common ? am I one step away from the loony bin ?

over to the collective thoughts of arrse ......
If you were driving home at night or twilight, then it's possible that you subconsciously (indirectly) noted the lights of the approaching vehicle and something about their movement triggered a 'cnut' alarm.

My first instrument nav ex took us low level (500') under the Heathrow approach. After we were given permission to resume normal height, my instructor and I did a good look around and he told me to take the Cessna 152 to 4000'. I didn't; instead I loosened my shoulder straps, leaned forward and looked up. Instructor rattily tells me to climb, so I just grin and point up. There, a hundred or so feet above us was a Piper something-or-other flying the same course. I could have subconsciously noted the ac previously, but I think it more likely that I'd noted Denham wasn't too far away and invoked paranoia.exe. Whatever, the good old intuition came in handy.

OTOH, my digital watch went beserk at the time my Welsh grandfather passed away ... and I was a couple of hundred miles away. :pale:

Spaced

War Hero
How many times do you find a tune constantly going on in your head and suddenly someone nearby starts singing or whistling it??

I've tried really hard constantly imagining how a particular bird in the office looks naked, but she never suddenly strips off. Doesn't seem fair.

The great sky pixie has you, Grimbo, marked as special. What's your lottery numbers btw?

Jebote

War Hero
On my favourite stretch of road near Bridge north, on a lovely little KR1 that I had at the time. Summer, Sunday morning, half hour past sunrise the best time of the day to absolutely tan the life out of it down the lanes. No cars, tractors or bloody ramblers and the certain knowledge that for miles around a screaming two stroke is shattering the peace.

I come off the gas. Suprised myself as this was the best bit a rise that then dips down into a long sweeping left that climbs again into a right and its flat out all the way to the main road.

Unknown to me the road had been recently tarred and covered in loose gravel no signs, nothing I went back and checked and they were not there. It would have been a 70 MPH get off for sure. Still cant get my head around it.

B

Boozy

Something strange happened to me around 3 years ago whilst living in Scotland. I had phoned home to NI in early December because I just got that 'feeling' I should. I had no real reason to as nothing ever ever happens in my hometown and it was only a couple of weeks til I was flying home for Christmas anyway. Once I had exhausted my smalltalk (telling my parents about an exam I was due to sit and a go-karting birthday party I had planned to attend) I waited... I had an immense feeling that they should have something to tell me. I must have held onto the line for about 5minutes umming and ahhing trying to drag 'something' out of my family.

Eventually I gave up and hung up.

Later that night I had a dream about a newspaper headline/article... which said that my grandfather had died. It unsettled me but I was sure my family would have mentioned it on the phone, and he had a reputation as being a 'Lazarus' figure.

I carried on with going about my daily business, going to the Christmas parties and the go-karting but for some reason I just couldn't enjoy them. Nor could I get drunk (believe me I tried). Eventually I decided I might as well study for my exam so I went off to the computer classroom.

There I kept getting the feeling that I should look up my local newspaper website, despite having been on the phone to my parents and them saying that nothing was happening that didn't always happen. The feeling grew and grew and became overwhelming. I just had to look.

At first I scanned it and there was nothing out of the ordinary. I half glimpsed a headline containing my grandfathers Christian name... he was locally famous and at first I thought it was just an old article about him. So I clicked it expecting to find some funny quotes from him and his usual unique brand of controversy but instead I found his obituary :-( I read it in total disbelief but the absolute killer line was "his funeral took place"past tense.

I phoned home barely able to speak convinced it was just some silly journo who had published the story prematurely and asked "is granda ok?" at that point dad confessed it was true and they hadn't wanted to upset me or interrupt my exams and were going to tell me at the airport. The rest of the family were ordered to keep radio silence and not tell me. They even managed to stop people writing condolences on my facebook as well as my brothers.

The last time I saw him the previous august there was also a strange sense that that would be the last time I ever saw him. We had said goodbye many times before but this time we shook hands in a very formal way and he wished me all the best. Because it had gotten so close to Christmas without word of him taking ill or anything, I began to write this feeling I had in the summer off as just me being silly. but as it turned out was correct :-(

Apparently the only thing he was worried about before he died was when I was coming home which he kept asking over and over. I think he knew he was going and wanted me to be there but unfortunately didn't manage to hang on.

His brother died weeks before him and they too shook hands and wished each other all the best as if it would be the last time they saw each other. And it was.

B

Biscuits_AB

Mods , if its been done before then to the hole .......

On the way home tonight I took my normal route and was driving almost on auto-pilot when something either in my head or at least from my thoughts told me to slow down as I took the next corner.... even stranger was that I lifted off the throttle and took the next left hand bend about 30mph slower than usual ..... If I hadn't then I would now be either in hospital or dead.... some numpty was doing an overtake on a blind bend. As it was I had time to slow, mount the verge and miss the bugger.
Apart from the normal road rage type thoughts it set me thinking ...... what , who , or why did i slow down ?

I must admit its not the first time such an incident has happened and I do take notice of such "feelings" for want of a better word.... and they are nearly always right , is this common ? am I one step away from the loony bin ?

over to the collective thoughts of arrse ......
Mmmmmm...I think that you're talking pish.

Latest Threads