Sixth Formers work on Mobile Metal Detector

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Old_Gregg, May 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Clicky

Who says the youth of today are useless........

2. from the clicky;

"The four students, aged 16 and 17, are Imran Ahmed, Husman Mahmood, Peter O'Sullivan and Vipulan Sivarajah. Peter said: "This was started seven months ago with a brainstorming session." Husman added: "We're really chuffed with the result."

Glad their on OUR side........

3. You forgot to highlight the Paddy. Are memories so short? :)

4. Nice theory, however it is not the use of radio waves that prevents you from putting metal detectors onto remote controlled vehicles. What about the RCVs that use fibre-optic or good old fashioned cables?

The tricky bit is differentiating between real IEDs/Mines and scrap metal and other erroneous signals. That needs a trained and experienced human being in the loop.

Well done to the students though and another big fat F for fail to one of our leading defence manufacturers. Failed to understand the requirement and problem - again!

5. True but the thing that caught my eye was their youth, they obviously give a shizzle.

6. Thales have done rather well - they have run a low cost contest that engages schoolchildren with a leading defence manufacturer and by proxy with our armed forces. Then added to that they have found an idea that they could explore further.

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Well done them, at least they are trying. which is more than our current (hopefully soon to be gone) government is.

I've always wondered if there is a role for Sgt Bash on the battlefield:

[​IMG]

8. Its nice to have acknowledgement that not all teenagers are time-wasters,ASBOs and chavs. Good on 'em I say!

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Husman: Are you one of the VI Formers involved in the project? If so well done, Sir.

10. Well done and thanks.

11. yes thankyou for your recognition