Sixth Form Scholarships/ Univesity Bursaries

Hello,

I am seriously considering applying for the army sixth form scholarship (and the bursary that comes with it)

A question that I've asked a few of the recruiting officers and failed to get a straight answer on is how the top universities (Oxbridge particularly) will see a scholarship/bursary (enhanced?) on an application, and wether it will benefit, hinder, or make no difference what so ever to any chances of attending such institutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: non technical bursary (cavalry or infantry)

Last edited:
Hello,

I am seriously considering applying for the army sixth form scholarship (and the bursary that comes with it)

A question that I've asked a few of the recruiting officers and failed to get a straight answer on is how the top universities (Oxbridge particularly) will see a scholarship/bursary (enhanced?) on a personal statement and UCAS form, and wether it will benefit, hinder, or make no difference what so ever to any chances of attending such institutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: non technical bursary (cavalry or infantry)
My understanding (based on recent experiences of HK Jr applying for Uni) is that Universities see your personal statement as a chance to express your "passion" for the subject (with supporting evidence etc etc) and why they should offer you a place on their course - the best universities in particular. Peripheral stuff is unlikely to cut much ice, so you could find you are wasting space on things that will not count much for your application.

My view? Take good advice from the careers/university applications staff at school - they should be able to give much better advice than we can on here. Good luck with it all.