Six Nations winners?

Come on then, who's going to win the Six Nations?

My money's on Wales. But then, being Welsh I would say that, wouldn't I?
I think the Paddies are more than in with a chance too. England? Sorry, not this year lads. France, well, you never know - they have a tendency to pull it off even when they're crap (like last year's France-Ireland game, or 2005 against England).

Ireland are looking damned good. But never discount the smelly french !

Wish I could have said it'll be England.........oh well......you never know.........

I can see Italy getting a Win this year.

Sale Sharks Fan, and proud.

Ireland I reckon for this year. Althoug England could potentially pull off an upset with some decent managing and good morale.

I often wonder if the English always say "England" as an automatic response, or whether they actually take stock of the reality. I bet all the same people were guaranteeing the retaining of the Ashes before the bunch of losers they sent to Oz set out to prove why they should never have been given medals last time.

Based on recent form I reckon Ireland, although I hope England will pull something out of the hat and do well this year

As an Irishman (and on previous form) I'm going to say Ireland however if the French play to their abilities, then they will cause an upset to Ireland's Grand Slam.

At the very least, Ireland will win their 3rd Triple Crown in 4 Years.

1. Ireland
2. France
3. England
4. Wales
5. Scotland
6. Italy

As a proud Welshman I would like to think that Wales could do better but opening against Ireland then three away games before closing at home to England might be a little bit too much.

dazk55 said:
Ireland are looking damned good. But never discount the smelly french !

Wish I could have said it'll be England.........oh well......you never know.........
Ditto. I don't see France getting it though - I don't think that their play is consistently good enough.

Ireland cannot win. Whilst their backs are for the most part quality, and the Irish Back row, Second row are certainly test level, its the front row where Ireland will come unstuck. John Hayes is not a test prop, and Horan is no-where near the standard of technical ability required to perform at test level, in attritional games against bigger, nastier packs (England -potentially- and France). Look at the way Julian White dismantled him at the weekend.

No team can win the six nations without a real, combative front row. The skills of the backs will only get them so far -They have to have a paltform and win clean ball to function.

I am a tighthead prop, so prob am slightly biased, but many a quality coach would agree that the front row is the first names on the team sheet for any sucessful side.

For me, France will be winners. I do not forsee a grandslam this year. Scotland will beat the Sassenachs at HQ.

As a proud Welshman I really wish I could say Wales this year,alas I dont think so. It promises to be a very open six nations with France as favorites with Ireland and Wales a close second. Of course being Welsh I always suffer from the massive build up then for Wales to drop a bollack .Lets see how it goes.

paveway_3 said:
As a proud Welshman I really wish I could say Wales this year,alas I dont think so. It promises to be a very open six nations with France as favorites with Ireland and Wales a close second. Of course being Welsh I always suffer from the massive build up then for Wales to drop a bollack .Lets see how it goes.
I'll think you'll find that Ireland are the pre-tournament favourites this year shippers!!! Then it's France, England, Wales, Scotland and Italy bringing up the rear (as usual).

1. Ireland
2. France
3. England
4. Wales
5. Scotland
6. Italy

I agree with PotYos, although England will probably win their first couple of games to get everyones hopes up and then we'll be cr@p for the last few games.

Well I hope Ireland win it but with Shane Horgan injured and the defeats of Munster and Leinster at the weekend I'm not as hopeful as this time last week. But we will have the Croke Park factor for France and England.