Six Nations 2019

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Not just world rankings. In the last world cup we were crap, last 6 nations we were crap, in the Autumn we failed to close out the game against the AB's. As someone said on here a while back, the world rankings are AB's no.1 and about 6 other teams way behind in 2nd place.
England are playing well and have their tails up, but they are still a long way from being world beaters.
Cardiff will be a real test in every sense of the word and whilst I think we can win, it is not a forgone conclusion.
Looking unbeatable they may be. But I won't be betting any money on our trips to Cardiff or Murrayfield.

Too many WTF upsets in the past.
And that's the difference between ARRSE and the rest of social media.

Look on any FaceAche feed about rugby and they're already claiming the GS and WC.

FWIW it would be nice to see the RWC return to the Northern Hemisphere, and if we find England make it to the final on Nov 2nd, rest assured I'll be poolside at my hotel in Cape Verde at 0800hrs cheering them on (I've already checked, and apparently one of the pools has a sports bar & big screen for major sporting events :-D yes!)

And it's highly likely they'll come away with the GS in March too, much as I'd like to see Wales find an extra couple of gears. We shall see.

And that's the difference between ARRSE and the rest of social media.

Look on any FaceAche feed about rugby and they're already claiming the GS and WC.

FWIW it would be nice to see the RWC return to the Northern Hemisphere, and if we find England make it to the final on Nov 2nd, rest assured I'll be poolside at my hotel in Cape Verde at 0800hrs cheering them on (I've already checked, and apparently one of the pools has a sports bar & big screen for major sporting events :-D yes!)

And it's highly likely they'll come away with the GS in March too, much as I'd like to see Wales find an extra couple of gears. We shall see.
This England team will pocket the GS, lift the WC after cruising to the final against the ABs, and be unbeatable for a generation.

The more it is said, the less likely it is to happen.:-D

England will not be beaten.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
This England team will pocket the GS, lift the WC after cruising to the final against the ABs, and be unbeatable for a generation.

We already know this, we just like it when everyone else is on board.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Opportunist.

I’ve now seen the naughty tackle on Hogg by O’Mahoney. He’s a twunt isn’t he ?

Oh and 1/2d recalled by Wales. Would it be wise to play him after so long out ? He’s good in defence and as a kicker but he would mitigate attacking options.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh and 1/2d recalled by Wales. Would it be wise to play him after so long out ? He’s good in defence and as a kicker but he would mitigate attacking options.
Wasn’t he off for a mandatory period after a head injury? May not be wise after all.

In response to the very successful kicking out of hand by England against France I’d have thought?

Could be a good call. Anything inside 55m is in goal range for 1/2d and England's discipline hasn't been brilliant of late. However May will have the beating of him when England attack.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well thats it - we're bound to win now:roll:

Seriously hope he mends soon - no-one likes to see a professional player injured
I thought it was bad on the day, I saw him go down like a sack of spuds and not get up very quickly

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
I thought it was bad on the day, I saw him go down like a sack of spuds and not get up very quickly
Yeah me too and he's a big tough unit - he wouldnt go down easily. Mind you he probably doesn't want to be embarrassed by Samson Lee again:wink:

I’ve now seen the naughty tackle on Hogg by O’Mahoney. He’s a twunt isn’t he ?
Hogg is now out for the rest of the 6N, and is reportedly going to struggle to be fit for the RWC. It seems that they suspect a grade 3 tear in his shoulder.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hogg is now out for the rest of the 6N, and is reportedly going to struggle to be fit for the RWC. It seems that they suspect a grade 3 tear in his shoulder.
That's a shame for him, I do hate it when they get injured like that, hope he's fit again for the WC, Scotland will need him....

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
How long does a Grade 3 shoulder separation take to heal?
The patient is allowed to return to sports when there is full and painless range of motion, no more tenderness when the AC joint is touched, and manual traction does not cause pain. This usually takes about 2 weeks for a grade I injury, 6 weeks for a grade II injury, and up to 12 weeks for a grade III injury.
So in theory as long as everything progresses as it would be wished for he might be ready for the RWC, I'm sure he'll have the best treatment - often their own worst enemy is themselves being impatient

That's a shame for him, I do hate it when they get injured like that, hope he's fit again for the WC, Scotland will need him....
The intensity of the game means matches are increasingly dependant on the full squad of players.

Losing a key player from such a shallow pool of talent will bite Scotland.

Any teams progress in the WC will require a real strength in depth, more than it has previously.

Latest Threads