Six Nations 2019

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well well... ironically it's our Septic Tanks who provide us with the most comprehensive 6N list of Johnny Foreigners invading our ranks...

Foreign-Born Players in 2019 Six Nations - Americas Rugby News

Check out Scotland's list - they come over here, nicking our rugby positions and our women.

And who'd have known the Vunipola brothers were born in different countries? (Aus & NZ)
Aus & NZ - they're different countries?, who would have known? :twisted:

Looking forward to tomorrow.
I will be in the tap room of my local brewery with mates. We will watch all 3 matches and probably get wasted.
Will probably feel bad on Sunday. Such is the lot of an England fan !

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Looking forward to tomorrow.
I will be in the tap room of my local brewery with mates. We will watch all 3 matches and probably get wasted.
Will probably feel bad on Sunday. Such is the lot of an England fan !
Sounds like a plan!

So you'd happily lose the champioship to England becasue we scored a try under the posts and chipped over an easy conversion while you scored one out wide and missed the extras on a windy day; or we played Italy on a lovely sunny day in Rome and ran in 60 while you beat them on wet/windy weekend in Cardiff and could only manage 20. No system is ultimately 'fair', the bonus point one has the advantage of removing the situation where one massive win makes all other points differences irrelevant from the equation. The other advantage is the losing bonus keeps a team motivated in some situations where they would have otherwised switched off.
The points you make are all entirely reasonable and, as you say, no system is perfect

Ireland are still in with a chance of a Grand Slam at Under 20s ( Yeah I know )

IRELAND U-20: Jake Flannery (Shannon/Munster); Angus Kernohan (Queen's University/Ulster), Liam Turner (Dublin University/Leinster), Sean French (Cork Constitution/Munster), Jonathan Wren (Cork Constitution/Munster); Harry Byrne (Lansdowne/Leinster), Craig Casey (Shannon/Munster); Josh Wycherley (Young Munster/Munster), Dylan Tierney-Martin (Corinthians/Connacht), Thomas Clarkson (Dublin University/Leinster), Charlie Ryan (UCD/Leinster) (capt), Niall Murray (Buccaneers/Connacht), Martin Moloney (Old Belvedere/Leinster), Scott Penny (UCD/Leinster), John Hodnett (UCC/Munster)

Well well... ironically it's our Septic Tanks who provide us with the most comprehensive 6N list of Johnny Foreigners invading our ranks...

Foreign-Born Players in 2019 Six Nations - Americas Rugby News

Check out Scotland's list - they come over here, nicking our rugby positions and our women.

And who'd have known the Vunipola brothers were born in different countries? (Aus & NZ)
Thank you for that. Very interesting reading.

I don’t so much mind the likes of the Vunipolas, Taulupe Faletau (not mentioned, because out of the squad through injury) and Cokanasiga who grew up here and played junior rugby in Britain (albeit that the Vunipolas should have opted for Wales!)

The ones that bug me are those who arrive on professional contracts and are looking at qualifying through residence well in advance. Those who represented another nation at U20 level and then jump ship.

I would like to see the rules rewritten to try to combat this, although any system will be imperfect. My own thought is that a player, upon signing his first professional contract after his eighteenth birthday, should be required to make an irrevocable declaration of his nationality for representative purposes.

Thank you for that. Very interesting reading.

I would like to see the rules rewritten to try to combat this, although any system will be imperfect. My own thought is that a player, upon signing his first professional contract after his eighteenth birthday, should be required to make an irrevocable declaration of his nationality for representative purposes.
Yes, rather like the “cup-tie rules” we had to cover postings and attachments during competitions

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Definitely expecting more Flodden than Bannock Burn today

I won’t be able to watch any of the games today as I’m participating in the Scottish Curling Pairs competition. My participation in this is an indicator of hopeless levels of optimism, therefore I am still holding out for a rare win at Twickenham even though rational thought indicates a likelihood tending to zero.