Six Nations 2019

England have,I think just 2 more competitive games before the world cup. I reckon with the exception of Itoge, that is Englands starting XV. Maybe Mako in the front row as well.
And a bloody good side it is, too.

What has happened to Lawes? Is he injured? An international side that is missing Itoje and Lawes, but can field Launchbury and Kruis is a side with serious strength in depth.

I am not convinced by Sinckler. Don’t get me wrong, his physical skills and abilities are enviable. But he is always going to be a risk in terms of his volcanic combustibility - witness being hauled off against Wales before the inevitable yellow. Stick him up against some abrasive Tongans and Argentinians in the group stage - and the wily Welsh - and you could be facing problems. And that’s before you come up against the big beasts from the SH. Excellent player that he is - or can be - if I were the England management I’d be tempted to leave him at home.

And a bloody good side it is, too.

What has happened to Lawes? Is he injured? An international side that is missing Itoje and Lawes, but can field Launchbury and Kruis is a side with serious strength in depth.

I am not convinced by Sinckler. Don’t get me wrong, his physical skills and abilities are enviable. But he is always going to be a risk in terms of his volcanic combustibility - witness being hauled off against Wales before the inevitable yellow. Stick him up against some abrasive Tongans and Argentinians in the group stage - and the wily Welsh - and you could be facing problems. And that’s before you come up against the big beasts from the SH. Excellent player that he is - or can be - if I were the England management I’d be tempted to leave him at home.
That's what everyone said about Dylan Hartley (including me!)
Sinkler is too good a ball carrier to be left at home. His tackle count is always impressive as well.

I agree that he is a top player in terms of physical skills and abilities (as I said).

And its a good point about Hartley, but I think it may have been the captaincy that was the making of Hartley. And for Sinckler, the intensity of a competition like the RWC may be too much.

To be honest I would like to see him come good. But I’m pretty sure that when teams are doing their team prep before playing England, the subject of riling Sinckler will always come up!

Danny Cipriani has had some nice things to say about Shaun Edwards. Saturday is going to be a tough gig for Wales, but one thing is certain, if they come through it with a win, they will have Edwards to thank for it every bit as much as Warren Gatland. Quotes are from Wales Online:

"Shaun is a hugely intelligent man. He reads and awful lot, he spends time out with like-minded people.

"You should not be fooled by the accent or the fact he looks like he could start a fight at any second. He has a ridiculous set of winners' medals as a player and a coach.

"That does not happen by chance.

"He is clinical and there is this complete toughness to him, but there is also empathy there.

"In the heat of battle, when the biggest games of the season are on the line, that emotional intelligence stays with him.

"He knows who will respond better to home truths and who will need more sympathy. Nothing he does is by accident."

Danny Cipriani offers unique insight into mentor Shaun Edwards

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Quite honestly I don't really care now for the results of this weekend's games. I am looking forward to at least two cracking games with no quarter being asked for nor given. There is so much to play for from Wales, Ireland, England and Scotland that I expect to be exhausted after following the games from my sofa!

I really am looking forward to this weekend with two real wishes

No player gets seriously injured, but it may happen
That the referees are up to their game also

I may have to sit down in the evening with a nice cup of cocoa to calm down! :D

Danny Cipriani has had some nice things to say about Shaun Edwards. Saturday is going to be a tough gig for Wales, but one thing is certain, if they come through it with a win, they will have Edwards to thank for it every bit as much as Warren Gatland
One of the biggest mistakes the ERFU has made in recent years was not securing the services of Edwards when they had the chance. It has come back to bite them many times!

One of the biggest mistakes the ERFU has made in recent years was not securing the services of Edwards when they had the chance. It has come back to bite them many times!
Agreed, and they could have had him. They wanted him, and he wanted to work with them - he is a proper Englishman - but (if I am remembering this correctly) there was a problem - they were only offering him a gig with England Saxons, or his commitments to Wasps (he is also a proper, honourable man) got in the way. England weren’t willing to be flexible and he declined. Wales then snapped him up.

Best thing that could possibly have happened for Wales.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Weird to think that England could already be topping the table with Wales not having lost yet...

Had the Wales vs England game been a belter and England had have scored 4 tries and yet lost within a couple of points, they'd have had another 4 try BP and losing BP to add to the tally below, taking them to 17 Pts with potentially another 5 up for grabs on Saturday!

And people wonder why the GS winner gets an additional 3 BP :?

_105968814_standings_bbc.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Weird to think that England could already be topping the table with Wales not having lost yet...

Had the Wales vs England game been a belter and England had have scored 4 tries and yet lost within a couple of points, they'd have had another 4 try BP and losing BP to add to the tally below, taking them to 17 Pts with potentially another 5 up for grabs on Saturday!

And people wonder why the GS winner gets an additional 3 BP :?

View attachment 382509
I thought you only got one BP regardless?

I thought you only got one BP regardless?
Same here, I thought the losing bonus point was only for the losing team (as the name suggests).

Edit - found answer, see below

Last edited: