Six Nations 2019

There’s a lot of that going around....
There is. Although not in my case as Wales won the game and are not the victims of anything.

However, as even I recognise that I might be starting to sound like one of the more one-eyed posters on this thread (there are a couple of them about!) I will shut up on the subject and simply look forward to a good weekend of rugby.

I will be supporting Italy, Wales and Scotland.

There is. Although not in my case as Wales won the game and are not the victims of anything.

However, as even I recognise that I might be starting to sound like one of the more one-eyed posters on this thread (there are a couple of them about!) I will shut up on the subject and simply look forward to a good weekend of rugby.

I applaud and mirror your thoughts. Having said that, Scotland will be lucky to come second.

Starting to ?
You’re the most myopic poster on here.

Awaits incoming.

True though.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
May I also remind all members that the referee is always right. This is not association football.

Having been referred to Law 14.10 I can understand what you jocks are whining about, but the ref didn't ping it so it didn't happen. I could analyse every match that has ever been televised and come up with countless arguments (excuses) why such and such a score should not have been allowed. However on the whole the following apply:

1. The referee is the final arbiter (or was before video refs!) and his word is law;
2. It is very rare that any game turns on one decision, and generally speaking the better team on the day wins.
3. If the decision had been different the whole game thereafter would have followed a different course. Perhaps (as you fervently hope) the Jocks would have scraped a win. Perhaps Wales would have scored three more tries and run away with it. Who knows? But what did happen was that Scotland threw all their attacking force against a resolute Welsh defence and failed to breach it, thus losing the game. That's it.

Now dry your eyes, stop bleating about what might have (but probably wouldn't have) been and focus on beating England rather than whining about losing against Wales.
Not whining,if you actually read the tweet it's about the modern breakdown.
Richie is technically off his feet before the clear out.
The whole thing is over in a flash.
In my day it would have been far slower and most likely both players going for the day ball.
Clearing out at rucks is a comparatively new thing.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Look at the number of players in front of the kicker at kick offs and restarts for instance.
I don't want to sound like Brian Moore here, but the feeding in the scrum has got so bad that I saw the Italian scrum half put the ball under his second rows feet!
Every so often (like before the RWC2015) the IRB make a big deal about it and a couple of refs give a free kick, but then it's back to feeding and no one cares.
Some of the line outs are about as crooked as Ronnie Biggs as well!

Ruffles newspaper, harumphs and retires to the conservatory for a dry sherry.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don't want to sound like Brian Moore here, but the feeding in the scrum has got so bad that I saw the Italian scrum half put the ball under his second rows feet!
Every so often (like before the RWC2015) the IRB make a big deal about it and a couple of refs give a free kick, but then it's back to feeding and no one cares.

Last straight feed I saw it went out the other side, as hookers don't know how to hook anymore

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

And there was me thinking it was my new varifocal specs making the ball feed look crooked(pun intended) :mad:

Last straight feed I saw it went out the other side, as hookers don't know how to hook anymore
The ball is put in after the hooker has 'hooked' ie put his foot into the tunnel. An offence in my day called 'foot up' or 'early strike'.

Surprised Cokanasiga is out

England: Daly, Nowell, Slade, Tuilagi, May; Farrell, Youngs; Moon, George, Sinckler, Launchbury, Kruis, Wilson, Curry, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Cole, Shields, Hughes, Spencer, Ford, Te'o

England: Daly, Nowell, Slade, Tuilagi, May; Farrell, Youngs; Moon, George, Sinckler, Launchbury, Kruis, Wilson, Curry, B Vunipola.

Yeah, it is a surprise. Nowell is still a bit of a handful though. Have we any wingers left?

England have,I think just 2 more competitive games before the world cup. I reckon with the exception of Itoge, that is Englands starting XV. Maybe Mako in the front row as well.