Six Nations 2019

Well what have we learned this weekend?

Wales keep managing to win without playing well. (To be fair their defence has been brilliant but that's because it is managed by an Englishman)
Scotland are lacking strength in depth and are really missing their key players. (again to be fair it is a long injury list)
England do have strenghth in depth and look good when not under pressure, that will have to change come September.
Ireland are getting back to normal after a dismal display against England, Please, please , please turn up at Cardiff next weekend.
France are the worst I have seen in a long time and I don't care.
Italy have not moved on in the past few years like I thought they might, however I still fancy them to beat France next week.

Predictions. Next weekend will be a nail biter. I intend to take the phone off the hook and invest in some beer and nibbles.

Well what have we learned this weekend?
Italy have not moved on in the past few years like I thought they might, however I still fancy them to beat France next week.

Predictions. Next weekend will be a nail biter. I intend to take the phone off the hook and invest in some beer and nibbles.
At the beginning of this 6N, Conor said his main goal for the Azzurri was to get them playing for 80'.
IMHO they have achieved that aim.
Yes they've lost, but they have played and attacked right up to the whistle in all their matches.
That is great progress.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
At the beginning of this 6N, Conor said his main goal for the Azzurri was to get them playing for 80'.
IMHO they have achieved that aim.
Yes they've lost, but they have played and attacked right up to the whistle in all their matches.
That is great progress.
Scoring tries all the way

Another improvement

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
England are the only team in the six-nations never to have lost to Italy. Even Italy lost to Italy!

rawsalmon47

Old-Salt
Hope Kyle Steyn doesn’t forget his South African passport too :)
Hahah touché, I’m personally not a fan of the residency rules regarding competing for national team, think it buggers up junior development for young guns going through the u20 level to then not get the spot because a kiwi or saffer gets it instead - but then again it keeps our home nations competing at a good level

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hahah touché, I’m personally not a fan of the residency rules regarding competing for national team, think it buggers up junior development for young guns going through the u20 level to then not get the spot because a kiwi or saffer gets it instead - but then again it keeps our home nations competing at a good level ‍♂️
And its the same rules for everyone....

Itoje out of the Scotlandshire game.

Let’s hope he’s fit soon for the people who are paying him

Here is what we have left for the weekend, I expect a bit of a hiding

Bhatti, Dell
Brown, McInally, Stewart
Berghan, Fagerson, Nel (doubt)

Gilchrist, Gray, Skinner (doubt), Toolis

Bradbury, Fagerson, Graham, Ritchie, Strauss, Watson

Laidlaw, Price, Pyrgos
Hastings, Russell

Grigg, Harris, Horne, Johnson, McDowall

Graham (doubt), Hughes, Jackson, McGuigan (doubt), Maitland (doubt), Steyn

Hearing Kinghorn has had/having surgery and is out for the season

Last edited:
You’re right. The one nailed on result this weekend is that England will batter Scotland (insert your own deep fried comestibles joke here).

SO - if any of the Irish players are reading this (I’m pretty sure most of them will be avid followers of this thread) if you don’t want England to win the championship you’d better do the decent thing and roll over and let Wales win. Capisce?

You’re right. The one nailed on result this weekend is that England will batter Scotland (insert your own deep fried comestibles joke here).

SO - if any of the Irish players are reading this (I’m pretty sure most of them will be avid followers of this thread) if you don’t want England to win the championship you’d better do the decent thing and roll over and let Wales win. Capisce?
We need to get some more horse steaks in for the freezer, so I may have a source of a horse's head or two.
Would this be useful -particularly in Cheltenham week?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I can't believe we're still sitting 4th in the table.

Tries scored still very interesting.
England 19
Ireland 13
Wales, Italy and France 9
Scotland 8.

Considering England always used to be accused of boring rugby, forwards trundling up the pitch to then kick penalties, changed days.

The Six Nations is considering an offer from private equity firm CVC to sell a stake in rugby's oldest championship.

It is believed it could provide a windfall of more than £100m to each union but would mean partly surrendering control of the competition.

Six Nations: Investors CVC want to buy stake in rugby's oldest championship
The beginning of the end. At the moment we can still see it on BBC and ITV, just imagine the drop in viewers when the deal is struck with ESPN, BT or whoever else is the TV partner with CVC driving this lunacy. The worst part is the unions can see the evidence in Formula 1 where CVC worked their "magic"

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The Six Nations is considering an offer from private equity firm CVC to sell a stake in rugby's oldest championship.

It is believed it could provide a windfall of more than £100m to each union but would mean partly surrendering control of the competition.

Six Nations: Investors CVC want to buy stake in rugby's oldest championship
Would it really be an even split across the 6 unions?

100 million is relatively far greater to Scotland and Italy than to the likes of England

Would it really be an even split across the 6 unions?

100 million is relatively far greater to Scotland and Italy than to the likes of England
I would presume that each of the 6 Nations legally holds an equal stake in the 6N Championships, so on that basis, it would be an equal split.

I really, really hope it doesn't come to pass.

Latest Threads